What phase?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What phase?
How do I know what phase my car is? It's a 99 but I know they did phase 2 and 3 in that year. It has the phase 3 body but a few people have said it's a phase 2. Just want to get a answer but not sure what gives it away as being phase 2 or 3.

Here's the car
Thanks given by:
Phase 3 its got the bumper fogs lights sideskirts and colour coding

But then again it could of had all that fitted
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It's an XUD, it's phase 2.
Thanks given by:
The first "phase 3" bumper was seen on phase 2 GTi-6 models.

Any after that are considered phase 3.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
You don't get any full phase 3's until T plate.

You also don't get any XUDs in full phase 3.

Yours would've started as a phase 2, its now a ph2.5 if you like lol.
Thanks given by:
Who knows who may have replaced the lights and bumper and painted the rub strips.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
looks alright what ever it is
Thanks given by:
S reg ph2

Had ph3 bits fitted
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
This is definitely a Phase 2. It has the phase 3 bumper (which was fitted to some Phase 2s just before the change) and the rub strips have been colour coded.

Otherways to tell are if the central locking is RF or IR.

Does the boot have the strip on the bottom? and the rubber seal?
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 05:37 PM)maxlee Wrote: looks alright what ever it is

Thanks mate Smile

(06-09-2014, 06:52 PM)SRowell Wrote: This is definitely a Phase 2. It has the phase 3 bumper (which was fitted to some Phase 2s just before the change) and the rub strips have been colour coded.

Otherways to tell are if the central locking is RF or IR.

Does the boot have the strip on the bottom? and the rubber seal?

It's IR locking and it has the seal round the rear window but no strip on the bottom
Thanks given by:
It's a 2.5
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 09:54 PM)Connor Wrote: It's a 2.5

Works for me, looks like a phase 3 so I'm happy Smile just want to replace the tail gate with one without the seal around the window
Thanks given by:
I was wondering the same thing with my blaze, also an early 99' reg. It came with colour coded bumpers but had a black rubstrip and frosted headlights Confused Anybody any ideas?
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 05:05 PM)Milano_92 Wrote: I was wondering the same thing with my blaze, also an early 99' reg. It came with colour coded bumpers but had a black rubstrip and frosted headlights Confused Anybody any ideas?

Guessing phase 2 being an early 99 with frosted lights, phase 3 came with crystals
Thanks given by:
Cheers pal! Been tryin to confirm this for a while. Will have to get some pics up soon just had my wheels refurbed and gloss blacked Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 05:40 PM)Milano_92 Wrote: Cheers pal! Been tryin to confirm this for a while. Will have to get some pics up soon just had my wheels refurbed and gloss blacked Big Grin

No worries mate Smile and sounds good!
Thanks given by:
Peugeot always did strange mix on phase 2's. This was most likely modified to have phase 3 bumpers or phase 2 gti6 ones (I think genuine DTurbo specs came with gti bumpers anyway or maybe was dturbo s & I dunno if you could ask for gti bumpers as an optional extra when buying originally?) but the 2.5's were most commonly T reg, and some V reg which are late registered 2.5's (such as ozonehostile's gti-6) r and s reg were during the prime of phase 2.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 06:48 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Peugeot always did strange mix on phase 2's. This was most likely modified to have phase 3 bumpers or phase 2 gti6 ones (I think genuine DTurbo specs came with gti bumpers anyway or maybe was dturbo s & I dunno if you could ask for gti bumpers as an optional extra when buying originally?) but the 2.5's were most commonly T reg, and some V reg which are late registered 2.5's (such as ozonehostile's gti-6) r and s reg were during the prime of phase 2.

Yeah it's like they just put together what they felt like, mines a genuine DTurbo so it could have came with the phase 3 body. Looks like it came from factory like it. When I asked the guy I bought it off if he put the phase 3 kit on he said it's always been like that
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:04 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 06:48 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Peugeot always did strange mix on phase 2's. This was most likely modified to have phase 3 bumpers or phase 2 gti6 ones (I think genuine DTurbo specs came with gti bumpers anyway or maybe was dturbo s & I dunno if you could ask for gti bumpers as an optional extra when buying originally?) but the 2.5's were most commonly T reg, and some V reg which are late registered 2.5's (such as ozonehostile's gti-6) r and s reg were during the prime of phase 2.

Yeah it's like they just put together what they felt like, mines a genuine DTurbo so it could have came with the phase 3 body. Looks like it came from factory like it. When I asked the guy I bought it off if he put the phase 3 kit on he said it's always been like that

In that case it's a full fat phase 2 mate Smile dturbo spec came out factory with gti bumpers.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:04 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

In that case it's a full fat phase 2 mate Smile dturbo spec came out factory with gti bumpers.

So mine came out of the factory with gti bumpers then Smile as it's a dturbo spec model
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:16 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:04 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Yeah it's like they just put together what they felt like, mines a genuine DTurbo so it could have came with the phase 3 body. Looks like it came from factory like it. When I asked the guy I bought it off if he put the phase 3 kit on he said it's always been like that

So mine came out of the factory with gti bumpers then Smile as it's a dturbo spec model

Yeah man by the sounds of it! Smile what would look nice would be a phase 3 boot lid Wink

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:17 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:16 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: In that case it's a full fat phase 2 mate Smile dturbo spec came out factory with gti bumpers.

Yeah man by the sounds of it! Smile what would look nice would be a phase 3 boot lid Wink

Awesome Big Grin and yeah I really want a phase 3 boot lid as long as I can get the spoiler off this one haha
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:19 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:17 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:16 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: So mine came out of the factory with gti bumpers then Smile as it's a dturbo spec model

Awesome Big Grin and yeah I really want a phase 3 boot lid as long as I can get the spoiler off this one haha

Why not a phase 3 dturbo with the gti spoiler on it? Can't see yours on that picture so don't know if it's a unique one.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:21 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:19 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:17 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Yeah man by the sounds of it! Smile what would look nice would be a phase 3 boot lid Wink

Why not a phase 3 dturbo with the gti spoiler on it? Can't see yours on that picture so don't know if it's a unique one.

This is my spoiler, no idea what it's called or if it's rare but I like it Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeh that spoiler isnt that common. Only seen one or two of them before. Its aftermarket and definitely not standard.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 09:57 AM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh that spoiler isnt that common. Only seen one or two of them before. Its aftermarket and definitely not standard.

I like it Smile something different. Want to find the name of it
Thanks given by:
Either way whatever the spoiler is it went on there so theory it'll come off :p just have to work out how it's fixed.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: turbo spec came out factory with gti bumpers.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that statement is wrong if you're referring to a Ph2 having Ph3/GTI bumpers as standard if it's a Dturbo..
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 11:17 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Either way whatever the spoiler is it went on there so theory it'll come off :p just have to work out how it's fixed.

Yeah I'll just remove it and refit it on a phase 3 boot lid just have to work out what paint shade my car is :/ it's paint code EXY I've seen I could be onyx black but also seen it could be another
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 11:22 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:12 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: turbo spec came out factory with gti bumpers.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that statement is wrong if you're referring to a Ph2 having Ph3/GTI bumpers as standard if it's a Dturbo..

Well actually no I was given bad information. I read in a brochure from 1998 said dturbo spec came with "sports front bumper" which lead me to believe that. My bad.

I just reg checked this car is an S reg but registered early 1999 but the first hdis were rolled off the line mid to late 1999 so this could infact be a phase 2.5.. peugeot just chucked gti/phase 3 bumpers on it. We'll never know but it's so strange the way they did such a mix in the phase 2's

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by: