eBay 306 Adventure!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay 306 Adventure!
This thread is well worth a read if you have a minute!

Linky Poo
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Fair play to the guy haha
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
some keen bean there.
Thanks given by:
What engines in that 205 guessing it's a 1.9 d turbo?! To be pulling it at 70mph, but good on the guy could have gone very wrong.

Thanks given by:
Christ I've walked away from a car for less issues than that! £62 tho...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
yeah thats scarey right there...a 800kg 205 pulling a 1100kg 306.... tank slapper anyone??

legend still!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What an absolute legend lol suprised someone actually managed to find the garage using streetview
Thanks given by:
I think he's crackers but he was determined to have that engine.
Thanks given by:
haha great story!
Thanks given by:
Lol sounds like something I would have done a few years back
Thanks given by:
That is quality, as is that 205! Absolutely epic!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
legend
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
That guy needs a medal!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
A hero amongst men! I'd of done the same just to spite the seller.

Just remember kids there's a very very fine line between bravery and stupidity.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant haha, but I wouldn't of gone alone, just incase..
Thanks given by:
lol Hilarious, had me proper rolling around the sofa laughing lol
"gearbox better than expected" lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 06:11 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Lol sounds like something I would have done a few years back

haha that I can believe!
Thanks given by:
Rather him than me A-framing with that sort of weight difference, but fair play to him for following it through!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Well done to the lad, although I'm not sure his point got through.
I say odds-on the ebay seller was a smack-head and didn't care.

That 205 runs on Veg right?? Looks like a fun old beast to drive around in.
Thanks given by:
I stayed up way past bedtime reading this last night and was a bit late for work this morning. It was totally worth it though, what a guy!
Thanks given by:
Just killed an hour a work reading this over a brew, lads a hero! sounds exactly the same as what happened to me and ozonehostile a little while back..

But thats another story....
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Do tell^^

I wouldnt have gone alone. Fair play to him.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
He paid £62 for that heap of a DTurbo S!? Then wasted time, fuel and effort collecting it?? Think I'm missing something tbh, he just seems to have wasted time and money, dangerously towed and even sped while doing so, and is now stuck with a knackered old 306 without many (if any!) salvageable parts. Confused

Fair play for having the balls to go and collect it though I guess.
Thanks given by:
I think it was more about making the point, to the eBay owner who was clearly a lady garden.

He recons he can scavenge some engine bits off it tho, and he'll probably get a ton weighed in for the rest.
Plus he had a good laugh in the process.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think by posting on the forum he'd pretty much already passed the point of no return and with everyone else telling him not to bother he had even more incentive to follow through with it!
Thanks given by:
If he'd read the feedback he'd have seen the seller was a lady garden tbh, that's why ebay has feedback...

He reckons he can salvage engine parts, but looking at the rest of the car, what kind of condition is the engine likely to be in? I'd be surprised if theres any water or oil in it tbh. Scrap might be higher up there, but it's £70 for a complete 306 here and much less for just a shell. In monetary value, cant see him winning there lol.

If his idea of fun is the potential to have your head kicked in by a group of foreign youths then fair enough, wouldn't be my idea of a laugh though! lol
Thanks given by:
I dunno tom, remember he only paid £62 and whatever fuel he used going to collect it!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Exactly, far too much for that heap! lol

Cant see anything on it worth keeping/selling tbh. Then add his time to collect, strip parts and post and its not at all worth it.
Thanks given by:
It was more the principal of calling the guy out on being a complete twat, than actual value.
Thanks given by:
That bloke is a legend.

Maybe the little twunt who sold it to him will think twice in future about being a lady garden when he starts a car auction at 99p with no reserve, doesn't make what he wants and he then doesn't want to sell it for what it made so makes up excuses.

It has happened to me in the past, bought a W plate HDI DTurbo just before the blaze for £385 on the bay, contacted the bloke as he did, arranged a collection date and he said to ring him on the day for his postcode, so I had the day off work, rang him all day and never got any contact from him again.

Lost a days money and ended up buying a blaze so lost out twice. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow A Small Car – BIG Adventure broom broom Welshy_Pete 2 1,281 24-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Chris_90