cheapest place for coil pack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheapest place for coil pack
wheres the cheapest place to get a coil pack.. my local car parts place wants £30 is this too much to pay....? how much would you pay, is it worth getting a new one, or a scrap one... are there any makes to look out for that are not very good ?
Thanks given by:
Link

Wink

But on a serious note, the risk you run buying a scrap one, is that you do not know it is fully functional, and scrappies seldom offer a warranty on electrical items. Try looking round ebay, or places such as Euro Car Parts etc.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 09:46 PM)Grant Wrote: Link

Wink

But on a serious note, the risk you run buying a scrap one, is that you do not know it is fully functional, and scrappies seldom offer a warranty on electrical items. Try looking round ebay, or places such as Euro Car Parts etc.

thanks Grant, i will take your advice and get a new one on ebay i see there are some for £20... are the intermotor ones any good they are a bit more at £25...
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't know mate, I've never been in the market for one.

Chuck some links up Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
You won't like to hear it but i would recommend going genuine. Only the TU 306s use a coil pack and leads so not very common but they are the same as all of the 106s and many people had problems with cheap ones on the 106 forums!

Edit: also, if you find somewhere to get a genuine/Bosch one cheap, let me know. I need a new one lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 10:06 PM)Niall Wrote: You won't like to hear it but i would recommend going genuine. Only the TU 306s use a coil pack and leads so not very common but they are the same as all of the 106s and many people had problems with cheap ones on the 106 forums!

Edit: also, if you find somewhere to get a genuine/Bosch one cheap, let me know. I need a new one lol

my local scrappy had a bosch one on a 306 .. i did lift the bonnet and have a look he said you can take it off if you finds one... i went to get my tools and asked him how much...£15 was his reply with the leads.. i offered him a tenner but he said nahhhh so i walked off.. there was also an oil dipper too... i was gonna nick that.. but decided against it, trouble is i pulled up in my saab convertible i think he though i was a rich man but i aint working sees.... i feel a bit embarraseed about goings up there again.. so i may send my mates up with a tenner tomorrows...never know he may bite... if not i get a cheapy one, as my mot tester did say he would pass the car on emissions if i keeps the car.. he was goinna wave his magice wand around the emission tester....Doh just thought i would keeps you all updated....
Thanks given by:
I've a spare OE one that works perfectly if it's the same as yours (there was one with a straight connector for the wiring, and one with an angled one)
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
My 106 gti went through a few non gen ones, they were fine at first, but the car quickly started running awful and sometimes on 3 cylinders. As said by Niall, get the real McCoy. As soon as I put a pug one in it ran fine.

Made no difference as the car was written off a month later! Doh!
Thanks given by:
Hi Rippthrough!

Have you still got that OE coil pack? I'd be interested if you do still have it?

Cheers
J

Ps alternatively, anyone know where to get a bougicord one? Or is the bosch one just as good?

[Image: 41556d2789da51b91f800db7700c8887.jpg][Image: 00aaeaf7d29121965e9737cea0f319dc.jpg]

This what mine looks like Rippthrough!
Thanks given by:
Just changed plugs, the old ones were ngks! Just as forum said would proly be the case. They were fairly new. Have replaced with bosch ones. Have disconnected battery to allow ecu to reset itself. Will try it later. So will be looking for a coil pack maybe if this doesn't solve the problem!

Thinking ahead , if problem persists even after changing coil pack, how can I tell which ecu is fitted? It's hard to see! And is there a lot to changing one? Will there be electro technical wizardry and equipment needed? !!

Thanks

James
Cheers

James
Thanks given by:
not likely to be the ecu, broken wiring is common.

nowt wrong with ngk plugs.

unless its runing on two its unlikely to be the coil.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
So new plugs in for a week, Not a single splutter, cough or loss of power! Like a new car! Guess I'll see over the coming weeks whether it starts to do it again!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I tell if my coil pack is a sagem just by looking at it in situ? jfb 0 1,008 03-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: jfb
  2001 306 1.4 Meridian with coil pack issues CHR15E 8 2,699 05-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Alan_M