Upgrade nozzles for HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade nozzles for HDi
Hi,

Wondering if anyone is using upgraded nozzles on their HDi?

Reason I ask - I'm doing some work with a company looking to supply nozzles to the masses.

What sort of power levels will people be shooting for?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Id probably be interested in the long run but not at the minute if thats any help
Thanks given by:
I'm interested and know at least two other people who would be. Standard nozzles will pass 200bhp, so I should think 270-300 would be a good increase. VNT mapping from tuners like yourself and pro_steve means airflow is no longer a problem, so far at least, no doubt we'll find the limit of the stock head pretty soon.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 05:49 PM)Poodle Wrote: I'm interested and know at least two other people who would be. Standard nozzles will pass 200bhp, so I should think 270-300 would be a good increase. VNT mapping from tuners like yourself and pro_steve means airflow is no longer a problem, so far at least, no doubt we'll find the limit of the stock head pretty soon.

^this, 300BHP should be possible so let's at least start with the main restriction we have at the moment Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
*cough* broken cam followers *cough*
Thanks given by:
Ok. Let's go with 270 at the min then. Once the design is right, it's not a huge job to engineer them bigger.

Will keep you's all in the loop.

Ta

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 07:06 PM)cully Wrote: *cough* broken cam followers *cough*

Sorted..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Do tell?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Remember the hdi uses a rather special angle. I tried to get bosio and firad to make custom nozzles. They gave up once they found out the angle. Sad use the alfa 1.9 8v tips, they give roughly 30% more than hdi nozzles. Get the lift modified as well and you're at 50% Smile ori tips will give you about 190bhp with reasonable EOI. A little more than 200if EOI is a bit later.
Thanks given by:
008 from an alfa jtd repotedly have a good efect but i have not seen or tested or evan looked them up

hears the thred from 406oc http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1...7bd10ba4da
Thanks given by:
I ran the jtd tips, much better spray than the AMG ones. Ran quiter than std tips and gave me better EOI and thus lower EGT.
Thanks given by:
Do the alpha nozzles go straight on without any modifications?

Do the injectors need balanced etc from just removing/replacing nozzles or is it just an off with the old on with the new idea?
Thanks given by:
Depends how fussy you are Eoghan Tongue

In the past, we have just whacked them on and away we go. Mapping needs serious work to get it to run right, without smoke, without being clattery etc though...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 08:54 AM)jammapic Wrote: Depends how fussy you are Eoghan Tongue

In the past, we have just whacked them on and away we go. Mapping needs serious work to get it to run right, without smoke, without being clattery etc though...

JP

No better boy for it though eh! is it easier to push the standard nozzles on or calibrate these?
Thanks given by:
If you put a bigger turbo on, its 100% worth the bigger nozzles in my opinion. I'm down with the injector designer in a few weeks so should be making some moves forward with the big hdi nozzles soon.
JP
Thanks given by:
I was planing on going down the jtd nozzle route, however would be intrested in other options!
Thanks given by:
Sam, realistically its going to be a while. Were in the design phase at the moment so there's still all the testing and mapping to get right. I'd say its going to be next year at least.
JP
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 07:53 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(20-08-2014, 07:06 PM)cully Wrote: *cough* broken cam followers *cough*

Sorted..

Not sure how but curious to see that 400bhp+ tractor puller hdi on std cam followers!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 08:54 AM)jammapic Wrote: Depends how fussy you are Eoghan Tongue

JP

With the alfa tips, remapping is an absolutely breeze. But mapping for tips that are off in terms of sprayangle - oh dear..
Thanks given by:
Anybody care to give me a quick run down of how they are more efficient and their advanatge? Is it just easier to get the higher quantities of fuel in? Make the fueling system work more efficiently etc or what?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
More fuel, faster. Earlier EOI, less smoke.
JP
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 12:43 PM)jammapic Wrote: More fuel, faster. Earlier EOI, less smoke.

Harder to control at short dueations Wink harder on the pump. (Which is really struggeling @1500+ bar.)

Actually that is the weakest point, the punps are not designed for high flow and/or pressure.

How many holes do you plan on having in the custom tips?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgraded hdi nozzles with correct firing angle. mechsman 25 6,849 22-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  soaking injector nozzles in white spirits overnight? td163 8 2,411 20-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Diesel nozzles cataloge cully 2 2,393 20-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Last Post: stevieg