Best insurance company

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best insurance company
Right, Best insurance company for a 20 year old with a 1.8??
At the moment I have a box Sad it needs to go!! My policy ends at the end of september and I want a company where they dont monitor how I drive... -.-

Who's the best to go with? or who are other people with?

Cheers!
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
The "best" company is the best one for you... No one can really tell you that. You have to ring around, get quotes all over the place to try and get the price down.

I'm with Brentacre, who I highly recommend, along with Greenlight. Not sure either will insure you at your age, though.

There's many topics on this, on here and all over Google. But there's really no way round just doing the tedious leg work, I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 09:28 PM)Curt Wrote: The "best" company is the best one for you... No one can really tell you that. You have to ring around, get quotes all over the place to try and get the price down.

I'm with Brentacre, who I highly recommend, along with Greenlight. Not sure either will insure you at your age, though.

There's many topics on this, on here and all over Google. But there's really no way round just doing the tedious leg work, I'm afraid.

I've looked at Brentacre before, I think i'll give them a call. thanks buddy
Thanks given by:
I have a 1.8 and im 21. Im with adrian flux and its £800 3rd party. It would have only been £600 fully comp with others but they wouldnt have insured my modifications. Also I spent ages thinking about it....

3rd party. Your car is worth a grand, crash it, keep your car and take off your valuable mods.
Fully Comp. Your car is worth a grand, crash it, get £750 after excess, buy your car back for £150, youve gained £600. Then minus the cost of fully comp over 3rd party. Youre probably seeing £100 back? But with the risk of not being able to buy your car back!

I dont really think there is much in it.
Thanks given by:
+1 for brentacre. Modified insurance so much cheaper than std!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 09:43 PM)SRowell Wrote: I have a 1.8 and im 21. Im with adrian flux and its £800 3rd party. It would have only been £600 fully comp with others but they wouldnt have insured my modifications. Also I spent ages thinking about it....

3rd party. Your car is worth a grand, crash it, keep your car and take off your valuable mods.
Fully Comp. Your car is worth a grand, crash it, get £750 after excess, buy your car back for £150, youve gained £600. Then minus the cost of fully comp over 3rd party. Youre probably seeing £100 back? But with the risk of not being able to buy your car back!

I dont really think there is much in it.

Fair play... I don't have any modifications at the moment, most i'll do is the exhaust and lower it 30mm and thats it, but thats pretty cheap! i'm paying £1200 with a box, but I did lose my no claims last year after bumping someone at 11mph... they claimed damage and two accounts of whippy.

(05-08-2014, 09:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: +1 for brentacre. Modified insurance so much cheaper than std!!

Sounds like i'll be phoning brentacre closer to the time!
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 09:28 PM)Curt Wrote: The "best" company is the best one for you... No one can really tell you that. You have to ring around, get quotes all over the place to try and get the price down.

yeah I am with brentacre too, with the 306 and metro, They have insured both of my cars, one is standard the other is highly modded, ( engine conversion)
as long as you have the 1st year out of the way, it should come down, when I was your age, my 1st year took me from 1500 to 1000 on a 1.9 d turbo 306,
weigh the pros and cons up of going fully comp and been 3rd party,
also think about the mileage side of things too, do you do at lot of miles etc, and what you think the car is worth too,
i said my 24 year old metro is worth 500 quid, that was the price of the running gear at the time.
they also insure the 306 which is standard too,
i think the metro is about 10 to 20 quid cheaper, but i think they cannot really make nothing on that car, as its that old now and they died out 10 years ago.
Thanks given by:
brentacre, flux, sureterm , premium choice, all good starts..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Feel free to give us a try. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange one of our quotes team to call you back.

Kind regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Company Vehicle Tax 306carter 5 1,331 28-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Niall
  injector refurbishment company Chris_90 15 4,039 01-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  Insurance company taken £190 for nothing? rtha6551 10 1,994 28-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Toms306