sods law!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sods law!
not long finished work, so I decided to crack on with the oil change on the 306, I just put the sump plug back in after the oil has been drained, and you never guess what, it came over all black and it started to proper piss and a thunderstorm kicks off!
so god knows now when I can get back under there!
Anyone had things like this happen?
Thanks given by:
Er, welcome to England?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Just don't leave it to tomorrow and then forget.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Check the weather forecast next time, there's enough apps for your phone....

garage ftw.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
had this happen to me when i was sorting my exhaust out. had the whole system off to do a repair on it, was about to fix it all back together and it started to absolutley piss down, couldnt do nowt about it and had to get to work an hour later. so i manned up and put it all back together in rain. its safe to say i was soaked right through
Thanks given by:
your skins water proof!
MTFU and get out there
Thanks given by:
Just dig a cardboard box out the recycling and sit on that. You only need to get the sump plug back in and then you can drop her back down.
Thanks given by:
You're under the car, why does it matter?!

Oh wait, it's a holey metro. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I was changing a bumper a few years back and it started to snow. Though it'd pass. After working on my back for hour or so, I find I'm getting fairly wet, cold and white. Didn't stop me, little to say, we had a hell of a lot more snow and was glad I pushed through!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Meh, I often end up working in the rain. Only get small windows of oppertuinty to do stuff so meh I'll dry lol.

Probably the worst one was a proper storm, high wind, tonnes of rain trying to remove the 106 driveshaft on a soggy muddy driveway. Couldn't do it, had to give up and then during the night it fell off the stands! Confused
Thanks given by:
Yeah...having this issue...everytime I see its sunny I step outside and it buckets down. Not helpful mother nature, not helpful at all!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 04:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah...having this issue...everytime I see its sunny I step outside and it buckets down. Not helpful mother nature, not helpful at all!
Likewise I could do with doing little bits to mine every evening ot get her finished but just dont have the motivation with the grey skies.
Thanks given by:
well it stopped raining, so cracked on, and I ended up having a disaster!, f*cking tripped over with the oil tray didn't I. and 2 litres of it has gone over the garden! so I have spend the last hr with the hose trying to clean up, and it started to rain, so I am soaked! been a pain in the arse this oil change has! the car is sorted, no bother there, just the right old mess of the drive! the rents will go off on a one, when they come back next week! so I hope the remains of the oil goes into the ground!

(02-08-2014, 04:30 PM)RetroPug Wrote: You're under the car, why does it matter?!

Oh wait, it's a holey metro. Big Grin

not the metro, this was the 306, the metros oil change was back in feb.
Thanks given by:
If you have oil on the garden you'd of been best to dig out and dump the contaminated soil.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 05:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you have oil on the garden you'd of been best to dig out and dump the contaminated soil.

its not soil, its dolomite where the oil has spilt, its rock hard, due to the cars been parked on there, We were going to get the area gravelled over.
Thanks given by:
I've had it rain before. Not a problem if you're under the car!
Thanks given by:
I replaced brakes in the snow. Could see my breath freezing On the brake discs!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I was halfway through changing the rad on the beigemobile when a proper storm kicked off, 80mph winds, thunder, lightning, hail. Had to drive to Cornwall the next day, so just cracked on. Annoyingly, an hour later it was hot and sunny lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bloody sods law! procta 5 1,334 13-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard