Sad days for the Cuore :'(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad days for the Cuore :'(
(22-07-2014, 09:42 PM)Niall Wrote: I like the idea of repairing it. Its a big job but not overly pricy. It seems so many people are becoming wasteful and just scrap cars that are 10 years or older because there is something wrong with them, go out, buy a car for a grand and when that goes wrong, repeat. Its a false economy!

Plus if you love the car, do it. Ive had that unexplainable love for a car before and spent far more than its value on repairing it....

Oh wait, i still own it lol

*points to my suzuki vitara* bought for £500... so far now spent over £1200 doing things to it

wouldnt change a thing.. (except maybne the gearbox)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 09:42 PM)Niall Wrote: I like the idea of repairing it. Its a big job but not overly pricy. It seems so many people are becoming wasteful and just scrap cars that are 10 years or older because there is something wrong with them, go out, buy a car for a grand and when that goes wrong, repeat. Its a false economy!

Plus if you love the car, do it. Ive had that unexplainable love for a car before and spent far more than its value on repairing it....

Oh wait, i still own it lol

Yeh the parts dont seem like theyd cost too much, its just having the knowledge to do it Im lacking on right now which is why if people wanted to help Id be more then grateful haha
French Wench
Thanks given by:
I didn't know how to rebuild an engine when I built my first one. You'll only learn by doing but reading the haynes manual is a good start.
Thanks given by:
Fantastic car to start on as well, doesn't get much simpler.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Worst thing you can do is read a haynes for a engine rebuild.
Most important but basic things which people over look:
OCD Cleanliness. Everything has to be stupidly clean
All bearings should be lubed well before fitting as the first few seconds of its first start are the most critical. Use engine building paste or if its going to be run up almost straight away after the build is done, a good quality oil.
Make sure everything is torqued in the correct pattern to the correct torque.
Don't use too much instant gasket where its not needed.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
you have the entire world's worth of information at your fingertips... its called google, and is an oft' over looked resource when it comes to anything car.. i found out most of what i know now on google and fiddling with stuff..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  days when it all hangs together Magenta Sunset 5 1,335 21-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  one of them days Stef205 6 1,584 23-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  the day of days is here daddyfixit 8 1,609 06-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Last Post: silverzx