Service spanner reset

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Service spanner reset
Within that last 200 miles my service spanner is staying on, i know with 99.9% of french cars it is just a case of holding the trip reset button, turning the ignition on, waiting 10 then it resets, on mine however if i do this when i switch the ignition on it flashes 10 up very quickly then resets the trip counter, have i got to wait until the milage gets to 0 before i can reset it or is there a problem ?????
Thanks given by:
Should just count down bud, once it's counted down then it'll come up with the next interval.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Im glad this has come up. Need to reset mine after I service it next week and was going to ask
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:Im glad this has come up. Need to reset mine after I service it next week and was going to ask

yea its usualy just hold the button down switch the ignition on and wait 10 secs its worked on all other french cars including 306's that i have serviced just not mine lol
Thanks given by:
Cheers Bud.
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:Should just count down bud, once it's counted down then it'll come up with the next interval.

yea thats what i thought but it wont work lol
Thanks given by:
This is what happens

[Image: th_IMG_03591.jpg]
Thanks given by:
oh ohhhh...someone pressed too hard....looks like the lcd screen has cracked and leaked its silver...
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:oh ohhhh...someone pressed too hard....looks like the lcd screen has cracked and leaked its silver...

What you mean looks fine to me :? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
im confused... is that a shadow then?
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Yea it was my finger it was dark and i couldn't find the button pmsl
Thanks given by:
the way i do it, is key in but with no turn, press for 10 seconds and hold when turn the key 2 clicks and another 10 seconds.
Thanks given by:
nope still exactly the same :S
Thanks given by:
You need to see the countdown

Do it like this:

Switch the IGN OFF... Press and hold that button IN... Then while holding - switch the Ign ON..

Keep the button pressed for 10 seconds... until the display reads "=0" - then the spanner will go out ... thats the job done. Wink
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
yea thats what i done in the video but it hard to see in the vid but just before the display set to zero it flashed up 10 very quickly
Thanks given by:
Maybe there's a connection problem then, doing that's always worked with mine.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
try taking the clocks apart until you can get the button out then clean both the board and silicone button pad with some rubbing alcohol
Thanks given by:
I've always wondered how to do this! Thankyou muchly!
Thanks given by:
yea the thing is the button is working as it does reset the trip counter
Thanks given by:
it could be making a quick connection so the counter still resets. do you have to push it hard before i resets the trip counter
Thanks given by:
did this to mine the other week, f*ck it hurt my fingers though
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
mine did the exact same thing (wouldnt reset the service spanner) after disconecting the battery over night it sorted that out along with a few other things Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 hdi EML how to reset Welshy_Pete 3 1,266 15-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  alarm reset Piggy 13 9,009 18-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Face.