HDI rods and shells

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI rods and shells
Hi all, After a good set of HDI rods and shells for my build fairly sharpish. Must obviously all be straight and in one piece

cash waiting

can collect from pugfest.
Thanks given by:
I've got a spare set ...

oh wait, all straight you say ?

... nevermind
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with a 3 pot XUD

How many brake were you running when it bent?
Thanks given by:
Anywhere between 180ish and 240ish
Thanks given by:
So I shoild be okay ish at 200?
Thanks given by:
I would judge rods bending or escaping from the block on what power the engine is running. It's all luck of the draw even with hdi rods
Thanks given by:
Yeah, people have thrown a rod art idle with standard engines before. But hdi rods defo help. I was worrying at 160bhp on standard rods. Often revving to 5.5k revs and was fine
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Okay! cheers for the advice gents, Still need some rods!!
Thanks given by:
you just up your chances of not throwing a rod slightly running hdi rods, but always keep in the back of your mind that you may have one come flying out at some point

when you get fed up of changing blocks, go forged
Thanks given by:
As you did?! haha
Thanks given by:
I have a set I bought off Dave a few years ago, PM Me if interested.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 06:46 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: As you did?! haha

thankfully never had one escape, but was pretty close to it
Thanks given by:
At least your not running a dhy block. Im concerned everytime I get a bit carried away!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 07:05 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: At least your not running a dhy block. Im concerned everytime I get a bit carried away!

The fact your block is a dhy doesn't really make much difference. Once again its all luck of the draw. The fact is that the dhy is the most common block that these engines come with so the bigger percent of blocks that have chucked a rod prob have been a dhy but only cuz there the most common.

Well that my thoughts on it all any way
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 07:52 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(06-07-2014, 07:05 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: At least your not running a dhy block. Im concerned everytime I get a bit carried away!

The fact your block is a dhy doesn't really make much difference. Once again its all luck of the draw. The fact is that the dhy is the most common block that these engines come with so the bigger percent of blocks that have chucked a rod prob have been a dhy but only cuz there the most common.

Well that my thoughts on it all any way

Its ok at the mo. Im not too fussed if it pops so long as its not in padstow in a few weeks
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i have several sets mate if you are interested in a set still?

thanks
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 05:23 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: Nothing wrong with a 3 pot XUD

How many brake were you running when it bent?

i would normally agree with this.. . but after losing an injector line.. i can tell you there is a LOT wrong with a 3 pot XUD haha.. sounded good tho.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I bet haha!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: Forged con rods/HDI shells,bearings Chris_90 4 1,146 11-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Hdi conrod shells Teddy 1 777 31-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: ash23
  morette outer shells and big brake kit Leemus 5 1,471 19-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Leemus