Oil cooler or radiator?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil cooler or radiator?
Just a quick question for my 205 it seems to get hot when on full boost not overly fast but I can't drive hard for any decent length of time though.

I am running a 1.9 gti radiator which is around 15mm thinner than a dturbo one
Also I am not running ANY oil cooler not even the standard one

What would you guys recommend getting first a decent rad or an oil cooler?
Thanks given by:
both if you drive the car hard regularly Wink
Thanks given by:
Welcome to xud tuning...

You can buy uprated ones for the 205 on ebay, close to 200quid though, go through the adverts and buy the thickest one you can, thats what i would do anyway.

Then buy an oil cooler aswell, if your running big psi that turbo is really shagging your oil...

Edit, also its a really bad idea not to use the standard heat exchanger.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I would get the oil heat exchanger on first, then if needs be get a td rad as they have the largest capacity. Is your water pump fairly new?
Thanks given by:
I was thinking about getting an aftermarket thermostatic controlled oil cooler
Thanks given by:
Get a turbo rad Smile
Thanks given by:
the 205 dt radiator did the job for me very well, when i had my 205. i also used the standard xud9 oil to water heat exchanger.

i dont know what the oil temps were, but the coolant temp acted the same as if the engine was in a 306
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Jesus, no oil cooler at all is bad, especially if you don't know you're oil temps they could just rise and rise even with standard driving because you have NO cooling what so ever, then you'de have no oil pressure either. Defo go for the oil cooler first, otherwise with an uprated rad you'de be tempted to drive it hard because your water temps are low, but oil could be literally boiling.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the reply guys. I bought a mocal oil cooler last night so will get that on ASAP lol
Thanks given by:
I will need to run a smaller oil filter what filter do you guys run??
Thanks given by:
Renault kangoo oil filter supposedly fits
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
i dont have this issue..... i have about 7 inches between the oil filter and the passanger side mudgard haha.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I think the 2.1 xud filter is shorter, can measure it for you like?
Thanks given by:
Yea if you could please mate cooler turned up today so hopefully put it on friday
Thanks given by:
Theres one from a 97 ish renault megane 1.9 that fits! Its noted in my old 205 project thread somewhere!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 07:13 PM)Tom Wrote: Theres one from a 97 ish renault megane 1.9 that fits! Its noted in my old 205 project thread somewhere!

What Tom said. I'm using that filter on mine.
Thanks given by:
This be the filter I use - www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69224-mahle-oil-filter-oc976-citroen-peugeot-.aspx

It's about 3 inches long Wink
Thanks given by: