Pug planet -urgent help required!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pug planet -urgent help required!
The cruise ship is throwing up dashboard display errors like dpf and oil level (level on max) issues which cuts out the engine. Last night I took it on the motorway to force a dpf regeneration but the car cut out in the fast lane (no messages just dashboard lights), I managed to get to the hard shoulder and after 2 mins the car started and drove back from Taunton non-motorway without issue.

I'd love to see what faults pug planet brings up and to help with the mine field of soo many sensors.

Does anyone have PP and is local to Bristol to help, of course beer tokens will be offered Smile

Many thanks
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Hmm, odd warnings! Sounds like maybe a blocked DPF! Confused And low Eolys fluid rather than engine oil maybe?

If you were local I'd offer but obviously not lol. Good luck sorting it!
Thanks given by:
Just google 407 engine faults and 407 cutting out... Sad

The messages doesn't always mean it's that lol satnav on these cut out due to mucky rear abs sensors lol

The eloy low has it's own message, the fap cap being magnetic can cause random messages etc. the message is depollution error, blocked dpf has different messages again lol

Move closer tom lol

Thanks given by:
Hmm, all this new fangled emissions shite is what ruins a decent HDi engine! Confused

I know sometimes odd messages occur - on the Golf a flashing glowplug light meant I had a knackered brake light switch! lol And I'm guessing yours is CAN as well so will be even worse lol.
Thanks given by:
Eloys is due to be refilled soon but it's not that error message, no message either that the dpf is 25 or 50% filled or a message that the car needs to regenerate it's self

I'm completely stuck without PP, I think the car had these faults before I bought it.

I've read that cheap supermarket derv is crap, without cleaners so fills dpf's very quickly - more in a 407 lol. These cars are so such a pain from what I've read, maybe that's why they were not popular...

(05-07-2014, 12:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, all this new fangled emissions shite is what ruins a decent HDi engine! Confused

I know sometimes odd messages occur - on the Golf a flashing glowplug light meant I had a knackered brake light switch! lol And I'm guessing yours is CAN as well so will be even worse lol.

What's CAN?

Thanks given by:
Hmm, see I've never actually had a DPF yet, just know the theory behind them so can't be of much help there tbh.

I agree that supermarket fuel is worse though, doesn't seem to make much noticeable difference in mpg or power, but I end up with a much sootier rear end on Sainsburys diesel compared with Shell diesel! Thought I was imagining it lol.

CANBUS - all electrics/ECUs in the car are linked together basically. Good for saving weight and stuff, but can lead to some really obscure problems.
Thanks given by:
I know the theory behind the dpf's, I was trying to force a regen on this which is when it died of the motorway. Regens help clean dpf's as city/traffic jams clog them

Wish I'd bought a Perv now lol

Thanks given by:
Id have another go at a regen if i was you. 4th gear on the motorway for a few miles.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall - The car recently cuts out randomly and says on the display depollution fault, then either esp failure or low oil so I thought I'd force a regen on the motorway but being sat at the side of a motorway after cutting across 4 lanes with no engine didn't fill me with confidence about wanting to give it another go and stay on the motorway - hence I came back non-motorway. I was in 4th at 60mph for about 20miles as advised to force the regen.

I have just found the fuel filter and it's slightly black so went to GSF to get another and some dpf fuel additive cleaner. Fluid added to the fuel and GSF have me an oil not fuel filter lol

Thanks given by:
....oh dear....

Should have bought a 306 Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
....Should have bought Peugeot planet knowing French electrics [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help from those with pug planet devils_fuel 6 1,268 28-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  URGENT HELP REQUIRED Eeyore 25 3,978 25-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Rich306
  planet help neilz85 15 3,537 22-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Niall