Straight through pipe from midbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight through pipe from midbox
Looking at getting rid of my backbox and getting a straight pipe from the mid box on my 1.8. All I want to know is, will this effect fuel economy at all? will I lose any power?
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
It will sound awful.

best keeping the rear box but removing mid box if you must, it's a lot easier anyway
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 02:39 PM)welshpug Wrote: It will sound awful.

best keeping the rear box but removing mid box if you must, it's a lot easier anyway

Why would it sound awful? and it's something to consider
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
It will be very loud running with just a mid-box on a petrol 306.

It works on TD's / HDi's as the turbo sort of acts as a silencer, but you don't have that and since the mid-box is stright through, it's going to be distinctly noisy. Remove your backbox, start the engine and give it a bootful of revs if you want to see what it'll sound like... and then re-fit the backbox when you realise that you couldn't tolerate that everyday (nor your neighbours!)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Did a straight through from cat back on an old corsa once( was 17 at the time) sounded crap. Removed almost immediately
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
On this engine it'll likely be loud enough to get you pulled over.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
On my 2.0 16v, I had a decat to Bosal midbox (straight through design) to a straight through peco backbox. On the cheap you could use a HDi midbox as the backbox. It sounded awesome but could be driven quietly. Best of both worlds!!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scorpion gti6 straight pipe on the 1.8 xs ?? jjenn20 6 1,165 25-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore