Powerflex 306 Front wishbone kit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex 306 Front wishbone kit
Hi

I just wondered if anyone had fitted the Powerflex Wishbone (front and rear) bush kit and what they though of it? The rear bush apparently adds a bit of neg caster.

I will be fitting (trying to) to a Citroen zx 16v which I think it should fit but will find out anyhow I guess!

Cheers, Tim
Thanks given by:
Excellent upgrade.

However the P bush can be upgraded a lot cheaper partner type p bushes...theres a thread about them somewhere

And make sure you have the updated front-front wishbone bushes Smile

The little bits for the rear beam dont do a lot...esp when they fall out
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
P bush thread for you

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-16722.html
Thanks given by:
ok, cheers. I guess the Partner P bushes dont have the neg caster built in?
Thanks given by:
Was unaware the pwoerflex p push added negative camber?

pics of the 16v please Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah, 4 wheel laser alignment showed that they certainly did, also added half degree of camber from stock by the figures...and the look of the wheels!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Remember the partner p bush might be better than standard 306 ones, but its still rubber so not exactly an upgrade when compared to polybushes!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
cheers all, ordered the 306 front set so will let you know if they fit!
Thanks given by:
Tom have you used a powerflex and a 2012 partner P bush and compared the two???? Id personaly say the 2012> partber bushes are actually a better upgrade give you a better feel and tighten the steering up just as much as a ppwer flex!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Although, to see things equally, we need to give those partner bushes some time/mileage before we say they are so much better than powerflex
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1500 miles and a few trips round nurburg ring and stil going, enough Big Grin i like my partner P bush's
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2014, 03:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: Although, to see things equally, we need to give those partner bushes some time/mileage before we say they are so much better than powerflex

kerry's have been fitted for well over 1.5 years now

Thanks given by:
Thought you only fitted kerrys like 6month ago?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry should of mentioned i havent used both, so my opinion is null and void, just a simple observation i was stating...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2014, 04:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thought you only fitted kerrys like 6month ago?!

No i done kerrys wayyy before i done the estate and the estate has been gone nearly 6 months now

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2014, 01:56 PM)thiscocks Wrote: Hi

I just wondered if anyone had fitted the Powerflex Wishbone (front and rear) bush kit and what they though of it? The rear bush apparently adds a bit of neg caster.

I will be fitting (trying to) to a Citroen zx 16v which I think it should fit but will find out anyhow I guess!

Cheers, Tim

Mate I'm not sure you mean caster angle.

Caster is the angle of the vertical axis from the top of the strut straight through to the bottom ball joint around which the steering pivots and how far it is tilted to the back of the car. Negative caster would tilt the top of this line towards the front of the car.

To change this would require moving the wishbone (or strut top) further forwards or backwards along the car which on a 306 would require some serious modification to either wishbones or subframe.

[Image: caster-diagram1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
He is right in quoting Powerflex who say it will affect caster
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But chris does have a point!

Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 04:56 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: To change this would require moving the wishbone (or strut top) further forwards or backwards along the car which on a 306 would require some serious modification to either wishbones or subframe.

Not quite - it involves moving the balljoint pin part of the wishbone forward (or the strut top backwards)

If the front bush mounting point is static and you fit an offset bush to the rear (P-bush) mounting point, that'll twist the wishbone slightly around the front mounting point and have the effect of moving the balljoint forwards a smidgen, changing the caster angle.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yep, although, it also alters the anti-dive characteristics slightly, and with the pivots being out of line, increases the wear on the front bush...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Quite. It didn't stop BMW fitting eccentric P bushes to the E46 M3 when the rest of the range was concentric.
Thanks given by:
whiteline do a similar thing on the classic subaru but in the opposite direction, lowering the rear pivot.
Thanks given by:
yes, sorry looking at your diagram I meant positive not negative caster (as per how Powerandtorque explains). I think this in turn gives more negative camber when you have lock on. There was a mod you could do to 106 Rallyes (my last car) to give it a bit of positive caster by rotating the struts. Made the steering a bit heavier but gave perhaps a tad more turn-in.
Thanks given by:
P bushes are brilliant, easy fit, however, powerflex bushes are sh*t, they dont fit, I have the redesigned ones and they still dont fit, I had to modify it A LOT to get them to fit.
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Powerflex ones fit like a dream.

The redesigned ones took me about 5min a side to do!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2014, 05:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: Powerflex ones fit like a dream.

The redesigned ones took me about 5min a side to do!

Mine wouldnt fit, they were about 10mm wider then the gap they go into.
And when I put the metal cyclinder in, it was pushing the bushes out!
Thanks given by:
You have the old design ones then.

Exactly the issue I had, and 100s of 306 owners have had. I just emailed powerflex about it, rather than cut it/bash and moan about it as everyone else has for years. They asked for dimensions, then redesigned it, sent me a set, and they fitted like a glove dipped in butter!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2014, 05:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: You have the old design ones then.

Exactly the issue I had, and 100s of 306 owners have had. I just emailed powerflex about it, rather than cut it/bash and moan about it as everyone else has for years. They asked for dimensions, then redesigned it, sent me a set, and they fitted like a glove dipped in butter!!

I bought them off someone on here, Cant remember his username ill find out, but he said they were the redesigned ones.
Thanks given by:
Got any pics?

Easy way to tell is that the mushroom ends to the purple parts...the old ones have a fat square edge, new ones dont and a metal washer moulded in

Dont panic if you do though...quick email to powerflex explaining and they will send you the new ones
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2014, 05:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: Got any pics?

Easy way to tell is that the mushroom ends to the purple parts...the old ones have a fat square edge, new ones dont and a metal washer moulded in

Yeah mine ones have a mushroom end and a metal washer
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,066 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  remove front wishbone bush tigerstyle 2 1,174 22-08-2015, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex! Piggy 87 20,666 05-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Last Post: pug306driver