Steel wheel banding :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel wheel banding :)
Hi chaps,

Recently got some steel wheels that I am looking into getting banded...
However they appear to have some sort of wierd look wheel bolt adaptor or something on them? Any ideas what these are (I have never seen them before) and if they can be removed.... as I want a 'smoother' look with the banded steels so these look horrible imo..!

[Image: IMG_0473.jpg]

Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
that's a spare wheel from an early 306 that had alloys as the main wheels, its a flat seat so you can use the normal alloy wheel bolts on them.

I'm not sure if the seat under the insert is the same, they might be.
Thanks given by:
Barely noticable once youve got bolts in surely.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont they knock out?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea they knock out with a hammer and chisel
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I have them on all four of the wheels, did briefly try with a hammer and chisel with no luck.. but then I was giving it full welly as I wasn't actually sure if they were removable without damage to the wheel! So a bit more effort and these should come out.. then I will be ok to use my standard steel wheel bolts...?
Thanks given by:
Knock them out, there just adaptors so you can use OEM alloy bolts to hold the steel wheel on, probs a bit rusted in but will remove, normal taper underneath.

And yes you can deffo notice them, big flat seating steel bolts look awful clumsy on steels!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 09:04 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Knock them out, there just adaptors so you can use OEM alloy bolts to hold the steel wheel on, probs a bit rusted in but will remove, normal taper underneath.

And yes you can deffo notice them, big flat seating steel bolts look awful clumsy on steels!

Yeah I did try and they stand out mega! Ok will have a bash quite literally at the weekend cheers!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steel Wheel Colours aaron_one 27 4,271 19-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Jonny b