GTi-6 motor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: GTi-6 motor
Anyone got an old GTi-6 motor knocking about? Don't care about age / mileage / spec etc etc, as it's being rebuilt into a high comp motor.

As long as there's no holes in the block, or head has been skimmed out of tolerance.

Thanks,

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I have a GTi engine sitting on a bench at home, just the bare engine at the moment. £100 collected its in kent. Might be a bit too far for you.

If you're interested i will be travelling back to kent in a couple of weeks.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When you say bare engine, block, head and all internal gubbins?
JP
Thanks given by:
Jammapic I have a engine here done 118k
£150 takes it
Thanks given by:
Where is here? Condition etc?
JP
Thanks given by:
Sent you a message it's raz
Thanks given by:
are you sticking with std bore?
Thanks given by:
High boost?
Thanks given by:
I'm assuming high comp means he's going to go throttle bodies again but with better internals, maybe 2.1 and up the compression ratio
Thanks given by:
Bit of a project for winter for me. Not quite sure 100% yet, but hoping to get up to 2.1/2.2l, and use high compression forged rods / pistons.

Quite enjoying this n/a tuning lark...
JP
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 07:46 AM)jammapic Wrote: When you say bare engine, block, head and all internal gubbins?

Yes this exactly. I may have more but if needed. I started stripping it to paint up and put back in nice and clean. But that project came to an end.

Had roughly 120k on the engine.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If youre overboring I have a spare block, no crank, but if you want to go bigger cc then thats no issue.

only problem is they weigh 47 kilos as they are (all caps and spraybars present)
Thanks given by: