Very heavy clutch and accelerator, Just checking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very heavy clutch and accelerator, Just checking...
Just bought a Ph.1 sedan for/with my brother, and the clutch is ridiculously heavy. Half way home, my mum pulled over and made me swap cars with her cos she was struggling so much.

I assume this is just a fecked cable and a pretty easy fix. But is there anything else it could be?

The accelerator is also pretty stiff, but if you move the arm on the pump, the pedal moves freely. Is this likely to be the pivot for the pedal or do I need to look elsewhere?

Cheers Smile
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
check the cables dont have any tight bends in them, and the clutch will be the white bushes that hold the release fork, spray the top one with wd40 then drill a small hole in the botom one and fill it up to
Thanks given by:
Clutch is notorious for drying out and going stiff on them just because peugeot in their infinite wisdom when converting lhd to rhd decided to route the clutch cable right by the exhaust
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just spray the clutch arm on the gearbox with loads of WD40 and then work it in. Mine was massively stiff (giggidy!) when I got it, just worked it in and loosened off!
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
As said above, my clutch was horrendous, just worked on it with some spray lube and a crowbar on the clutch arm. As for the accelerator, take the cable housing off and spray some white grease or similar down it, then put it back on, should sort it out. Perhaps a splodge of lubricant on the pedal (unlikely it will be this but will help a tad, if nothing else...)
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Bushes + cable for clutch, sounds like the cables fooked on the accelerator too, try some wd on the spring on the throttle body first though.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: