Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms Type R (Caution no Peugeot content inside)
(13-06-2014, 04:55 PM)Niall Wrote: For the sake of keeping up appearances and keeping the reputation of the forum, please disregard everything above and refer to the following comment:

What the f*ck did you buy that for? Slow as shit and a 306 with a TD04 will destroy it especially in the twists and still do 180mpg AND run on veg at 50ppl

+1 EFA. lmao

On a serious note...seems an odd car for a daily...but if I had a couple grand for a mad weekend/track car...this would be on a list of possibles. I think they look good and drive well. Plus so well put togetheir. Oh plus ELSD which makes them grip n grip n grip n grip!

And the noise, oh the noise. Being a regular at Jap fest, and a die hard lover of the Evo, the TypeR Civics n Integras had, hands down, the BEST sound on track of anything I have ever heard.

Get some mods on it, wring its neck and dont care about the fuel bill and you will LOVE it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol theres a bit of shit build up in here atm.

They are low on torque (when compared to a diesel) but you definately dont need to rev it right up to go anywhere, you can drive all day under 3k and not hold anyone up/be going un godly slow.

The whole diesel keeping up thing is rubbish, my 205 i estimated was 170ish bhp and close to 300ftlb and the type r is just as quick, so i dont know what some people in here think they're driving but i think they be exagerating a bit. Dont get me wrong im still a big diesel lover, if i see a lorry coaling towards me i roll down the window and love the sound!!

Just to go back and keep up with a few other comments, i like to try and include everyone,

Yes the noise is great, i will get some videos.

Yes honda drivers are mostly bellends, i know this, and still think so actually lol

Curt i completely missed your sarcasm, i agree its hard to get it to come across on the interwebs.

I would love an LSD, it certainanly is no slouch, and yes some comments here are silly.

Chris it all depends on how much time you spend hooning, my first tank of my weekly routine was 28mpg and im driving like a twat tbh. Work is 26mile round trip then if i go out in the evening or run any errands it goes up more. My work is B roads then 7/8 miles of dual carriage way, when im going places other than work its pretty much always B roads.

Ok that'll do for that.

Whys it an odd car for a daily?

In respect to mods, it has a Tegiwa carbon induction kit and an un silenced B pipe. Also is lowered 30mm on eibachs and has camber bolts and arms and has had a fast road setup, so it feels great going round corners. My one gripe at the minute is the mis match of tyres on it, all 4 are different brands and the back 2 are different size to the front 2 granted its only 205/215 but still annoying.

Oh and i serviced it today, new sparkys NGK Iridiums, Ester sythetic oil, oem filter and fresh gearbox oil.

[Image: A2F6CFE7-537D-46A0-BC24-4A8A23DDE4D7_zpsiwivisea.jpg]

Oh and sporting my top up oil, in my freeby top up bag by Fuchs, courtesy of Opie Oils!!
[Image: B707757D-2AE2-4CD7-87C1-80497345F3D0_zpsvkuxv395.jpg]

Oh and when i bought it, i questioned the paul walker thing, he said he knew it was tacky as f*ck but he had it sat on his desk and just decided to put it on there, atleast its not stuck to the boot? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Seen this on fb and thought of this thread

[Image: BD7F3FC8-1DAB-4835-B43D-453E15D7B447_zps6qwimbzk.jpg]

lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Love the engine. Hate the body (sorry!).

I just can't get over the fact that there's a sex toy hanging out the dashboard - why it looks so much worse on this than any other car I don't know.

But please for the love of god remove that sticker off the engine cover. I want to hurt children and fluffy kittens each time I see one.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
tom what happened to the 205?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 12:15 AM)procta Wrote: tom what happened to the 205?

woooh....dont get out much!? haha

Tom, dont these have an LSD as standard. As far as I am aware they basically do, its just electronically controlled?!

Sounds like the mods are there....ready for a remap Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
"Electronic lsd" is just honda making traction control sound racecar lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah true.

It was an opt extra to have a proper LSD though, and type rs after 2010 had them as standard....so worth ripping one out at a scrappies!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks lovely Tom, how far are you down in Cornwall? Seriously considering these but after reading all the reviews I need to experience one for myself to make the final decision.

I was thinking of putting a bit of extra cash in and going for the facelift as I heard they improved the steering feel?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 07:02 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(14-06-2014, 12:15 AM)procta Wrote: tom what happened to the 205?

woooh....dont get out much!? haha

Tom, dont these have an LSD as standard. As far as I am aware they basically do, its just electronically controlled?!

Sounds like the mods are there....ready for a remap Wink

well pigs procta here has been a busy little bastard with my car, to catch up on here Tongue
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 08:06 PM)Tom Wrote: Curt i completely missed your sarcasm, i agree its hard to get it to come across on the interwebs.

Yeah it can be, but I don't know how that was as I had just told you I thought it was a good choice lol purely a piss take of all the people with their blinkers on.

Oh, and that meme isn't even remotely funny.
Thanks given by:
Wow, such bullshit in here! Fantastic cars Tom, good purchase IMO.

My old Celica had 190bhp and less torque than a Civic Type R and it was a f*ck-load faster than any 306 this side of something like JP's 190bhp HDi or a supercharged '6.

Lack of torque?! It's not a heavy car so it doesn't need it.

It's like we get to share these forums with children who occasionally show themselves up on threads like this. Utter, utter bullshit spouts.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 11:35 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Wow, such bullshit in here! Fantastic cars Tom, good purchase IMO.

My old Celica had 190bhp and less torque than a Civic Type R and it was a f*ck-load faster than any 306 this side of something like JP's 190bhp HDi or a supercharged '6.

Lack of torque?! It's not a heavy car so it doesn't need it.

It's like we get to share these forums with children who occasionally show themselves up on threads like this. Utter, utter bullshit spouts.

But me and my m8 raced once and we both started at 2,000rpm and I won in a diesel so dey are fasterrer.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Kind of reminds me of the people that say that tuned HDis are faster than a gti-6 from 20mph to 50mph in 4th gear.

Yes they are, because that's the wrong gear lmao

Of course they have low torque at low revs, if you had peak torque at all revs we'd do without the weight of a gearbox and drive single-speeds...

In any case, looks like a reaosnably tidy example and I'm glad you're happy with it, which is the only thing that actually matters really!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Exactly as above, he didn't come here for judgement. I really like them, prefer the facelift model (would love a JDM Championship White one but they command mega £££!) and they're incredibly well refined.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Haha I was one of the ones saying HDi's are quicker when tuned. Far from a child and have been there and done that.

I also said I like the civic just not the general public who drive them. TOM is of course an exception as he quite evidentally isnt a bellend.

Ive been toying with standard & tuned type r's in the HDi and if anyone thinks that a gti6 is going to eat and shit a well tuned stage 2 they should think again haha.

Same for a standard type r. From standing start in the dry I have sat with one running k pro managenent and all sorts of special mods with a rr print out of 236hp. Yes it was until about 80-90 and the civic got the edge but thats to be expected of a petrol with a greater scope for top speed.

Therefore a standard one can and will be beat by a tuned derv. I stand by that haha
Thanks given by:
As much as a standard Type R would munch a tuned derv on any track with the right driver, and do it all day, as opposed to one hot lap/one cool lap etc for the derv...in day to day driving Im not worried when a morron in his typeR and plastic girlfriend think they guna show up my derv 306.

His smirk is short lived.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmmm piggy the HDi is a bit more efficient though and doesnt blast the heat out as badly.

Could be worth a try Wink haha
Thanks given by:
Just a better chassis too fella, and better box. They rip up the track standard.

Tom, excellent choice. I hope you come and show the HDi bouys whats what on track Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A Type R will pull hard to 130mph.

Anybody else caught on here stating their diesel 'keeps up':
-the Type R driver wasn't trying
-the Type R driver was less interested in breaking the speed limit
-the Type R driver had nothing to prove against a diesel hatchback

A tuned derv might feel like it's keeping up in a straight line due to the torque shove, but this is short-lived. Take any variable-valve timed petrol engine and thrash it hard and a diesel won't know which way it went. Throttle response, outright power, usable rev-range, all to an advantage of a Civic Type R.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 02:49 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: A Type R will pull hard to 130mph.

Anybody else caught on here stating their diesel 'keeps up':
-the Type R driver wasn't trying
-the Type R driver was less interested in breaking the speed limit
-the Type R driver had nothing to prove against a diesel hatchback

A tuned derv might feel like it's keeping up in a straight line due to the torque shove, but this is short-lived. Take any variable-valve timed petrol engine and thrash it hard and a diesel won't know which way it went. Throttle response, outright power, usable rev-range, all to an advantage of a Civic Type R.

Good luck getting that into the heads of most of the derv members. They seem so blinkered that their dervs can destroy most things on the road.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Haha I know my car isnt 'fast', ill put that out there now.

It is surprisingly quick for how little money has been spent; the joys of diesel tuning I guess.

But yeah

-the type r driver was trying, a few times (230+bhp one this is.)
- he admitted he got beat by a hybrid turbo polo tdi with estimated 180bhp
- he had a lot to prove, same reason he was racing all sorts of other cars & both winning & losing haha.

Its amusing me as much as irs amusing you guys. After 100mph I had no chance I will admit that but until the he got a shock. A standard one would be even more shocked.

Any of the charged ones would have a pisser at me, but thats to be expected. The same goes for a 6 with a charger of some sort, but the pesky hdi wipes a few smirks off peoples faces. Smile
Thanks given by:
Driver error is HUGE when it comes to driving. Esp with a VTEC tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
In fairness to him any standard ish type t that tried got their arse handed to them. Hence ms trying agaisnt him haha, big shot n all that...
Thanks given by:
Your mate just sounds like a shit driver tbh... Tongue

Lol, shoulda refreshed. I agree with Piggy!
Thanks given by:
Sorry for having an opinion that doesn't involve sticking my tongue up Tom's arse, i'll excuse myself.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hahaha he isnt my mate, didnt know the guy just pulled in after to ask him the spec as it was beating all std type rs.

Haha cause the HDi sat with him hes a bad driver. Whatever is next?

Ill leave it there, guess the only people who will know for sure are me and my passenger lol.
Thanks given by:
Whats the power and weight of yours Eoghan?

I'd guess its around 150bhp/tonne? Same as my Golf was....I certainly wouldn't be trying to take CTRs in that lol.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 02:49 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Take any variable-valve timed petrol engine and thrash it hard and a diesel won't know which way it went.

Helllooooooo lol

Love vtec sound, somewhat gutted the vvc doesn't have the same come on cam bwarpp but constant torque is nicer.
In regards to the styling I really can't make my mind up, sometimes I think they're gorgeous and other times think they look incredibly boring. Same with the 206 i guess. Needs slamming on cheapo coilvers though Tongue
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Well the car weighs what, 1150 or so, was dyno'd at 163.8 but tweaked again since then.

Torque probably helps it in fairness in the lower speeds but I can 100% say it sat on the tail of the tuned one. He knew how to drive lol, know by the noise of it and quick shifts etc.
Thanks given by: