clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch
My hdi has just covered 160k, it had full service history and one owner before me, i bought it on 78k in amongst the history there was no bill for a clutch change, and the previous owner said he had never changed it.
I had a stage one remap on at 80k and now this morning ( just over 160k) the clutch has just started to slip, if i drive it steadily and don't plant the right foot it drives ok, but if i plant it in 3rd 4th or 5th as soon as the boost kicks in the clutch slips quite badly, it does eventually grip again but it stinks.
This is the first sign of slippage how long do you think i have got left before it goes completely??? As i can't get it done til next week but i need to use a car as i work away all week.
Otherwise i might need to get on the phone to the old man and borrow his car until i can get it done.

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
It should be fine driven carefully for a week or two. Obviously theres not a set time limit but I drove my estate for about 2 months with a clutch like that! lol
Thanks given by:
Keep off boost and you will probably get away with it
Thanks given by:
I had this, drove carefully for a bit and the thing bedded back in for another 10,000 miles. That was at 125k though, you might not get away with that much. lol Should be fine for a week, i should think.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies fellas, i have just picked up my old mans car just to be safe, i didn't want to do any further damage. I need to do 200 miles tonighttraveling back to work and didn't fancy risking it.
Thanks given by: