black d turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
black d turbo
hi all glad to have finally got myself a d turbo hdi in black. i already have a 306 cabriolet and just love 306 in general.
my new d turbo has 160000 on the clock got it for just under £700.

any thing i should look out for or do to it to make sure i get some happy motoring out of it also

many thanks
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
welcome mate. so glad i bought my 306 hdi. great little car!
Thanks given by:
Ditto... My HDi is fast approaching 160k it's on a little over 158k at present hopefully yours doesn't need a gearbox unlike mine lol
  2001 Onyx Black 306 HDi Dturbo
[Image: 37c8a52a-43f7-4f95-b11a-9e912fe2446a_zpsf69cda28.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I brought my HDI for £696, won it off ebay a couple of years ago, when i went to pick it up from nottingham windows wipers werent working so i saw the fuse kept blowing, i notice i needed something for th rear wiper (sorry forgot whats it called, it looks like a blue cube) and i had checked under the wheel arches for any deep rust points, bascially i had checked the main bits, if i had missed out what i should of checked please tell me, i had got 148000 on the clock and not it has done over 150000, is there any pics of the car?

Hopefully yours dont need a cambelt lol, was meant to change at 160000, but am going to change it ASAP...Speechless

(19-06-2014, 01:00 AM)Ari Wrote: Ditto... My HDi is fast approaching 160k it's on a little over 158k at present hopefully yours doesn't need a gearbox unlike mine lol
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 09:08 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: I brought my HDI for £696, won it off ebay a couple of years ago, when i went to pick it up from nottingham windows wipers werent working so i saw the fuse kept blowing, i notice i needed something for th rear wiper (sorry forgot whats it called, it looks like a blue cube) and i had checked under the wheel arches for any deep rust points, bascially i had checked the main bits, if i had missed out what i should of checked please tell me, i had got 148000 on the clock and not it has done over 150000, is there any pics of the car?

Hopefully yours dont need a cambelt lol, was meant to change at 160000, but am going to change it ASAP...Speechless

(19-06-2014, 01:00 AM)Ari Wrote: Ditto... My HDi is fast approaching 160k it's on a little over 158k at present hopefully yours doesn't need a gearbox unlike mine lol

The "blue cube" is the wiper relay mate, lol

and sounds like you got a bargin Smile

(04-06-2014, 06:14 PM)lukestar12 Wrote: hi all glad to have finally got myself a d turbo hdi in black. i already have a 306 cabriolet and just love 306 in general.

any thing i should look out for or do to it to make sure i get some happy motoring out of it also

many thanks

Bigger Turbo, lower it by 40mm all round, de-cat straight pipe, grind LDA pin (if you can on the HDI's) better injectors, cold air induction kit, bigger intercooler (paint it BLACK like on MCM, LOLZ) then take it for a remap and that's pretty much all you can do without getting to stupid!

Also don't forget better brakes as well for the added power you'll be having, I've seen it too many times where people have more power on stock brakes and BOOM they write there car off! (I just giggle and think faggots)
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 10:57 PM)JethroJay Wrote:
(22-06-2014, 09:08 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: I brought my HDI for £696, won it off ebay a couple of years ago, when i went to pick it up from nottingham windows wipers werent working so i saw the fuse kept blowing, i notice i needed something for th rear wiper (sorry forgot whats it called, it looks like a blue cube) and i had checked under the wheel arches for any deep rust points, bascially i had checked the main bits, if i had missed out what i should of checked please tell me, i had got 148000 on the clock and not it has done over 150000, is there any pics of the car?

(04-06-2014, 06:14 PM)lukestar12 Wrote: hi all glad to have finally got myself a d turbo hdi in black. i already have a 306 cabriolet and just love 306 in general.

many thanks

Bigger Turbo, lower it by 40mm all round, de-cat straight pipe, grind LDA pin (if you can on the HDI's) better injectors, cold air induction kit, bigger intercooler (paint it BLACK like on MCM, LOLZ) then take it for a remap and that's pretty much all you can do without getting to stupid!

Also don't forget better brakes as well for the added power you'll be having, I've seen it too many times where people have more power on stock brakes and BOOM they write there car off! (I just giggle and think faggots)

Bigger turbo is too much hassle on these, lda pin your thinking xud, better injectors, yes if yours are ticking, cold air induction kit, no just keep to your standard air filter, nothing to gain other than aesthetics Smile hdi's don't have an intercooler.
First thing I would do is get a stage 1 map, 3 people to name of, pro steve, Jammapic and I forgot the other one :/ but yeah if you want power instantly, then stage 1 it but have a look around, plenty here to be learned!
And get some pictures up!
Welcome btw Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 11:11 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote:
(22-06-2014, 10:57 PM)JethroJay Wrote:

many thanks

Bigger turbo is too much hassle on these, lda pin your thinking xud, better injectors, yes if yours are ticking, cold air induction kit, no just keep to your standard air filter, nothing to gain other than aesthetics Smile hdi's don't have an intercooler.
First thing I would do is get a stage 1 map, 3 people to name of, pro steve, Jammapic and I forgot the other one :/ but yeah if you want power instantly, then stage 1 it but have a look around, plenty here to be learned!
And get some pictures up!
Welcome btw Smile

Well f*ck me I'm gonna stick with a D Turbo then, they sound like you can fiddle with them a lot more, FML, I got owned by the pro himself, I fell honored, lol
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, as said stage 1 remap, I'd recommend pro Steve, I have heard endless amounts of good things about him.

Also straight through it, hdis sound insane with a straight through pipe

And... Please don't try and grind the lda....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 11:20 PM)JethroJay Wrote: Well f*ck me I'm gonna stick with a D Turbo then, they sound like you can fiddle with them a lot more, FML, I got owned by the pro himself, I fell honored, lol

Not really owned. Just sounds like you have no clue about hdis.. Lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Lol, i have no clue either and i own a HDI, where abouts is this Pro Steve located? Im thinking of getting a remap done next year as my HDI is being parked up for a while, i can do stuff to it myself, and i seen other HDI's with intercooler etc? I heard you can get to 400-500BHP aswell even tho im not going to do it till a few years time, would be a great track car..

(23-06-2014, 08:54 AM)Matt Wrote:
(22-06-2014, 11:20 PM)JethroJay Wrote: Well f*ck me I'm gonna stick with a D Turbo then, they sound like you can fiddle with them a lot more, FML, I got owned by the pro himself, I fell honored, lol

The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 10:41 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: Lol, i have no clue either and i own a HDI, where abouts is this Pro Steve located? Im thinking of getting a remap done next year as my HDI is being parked up for a while, i can do stuff to it myself, and i seen other HDI's with intercooler etc? I heard you can get to 400-500BHP aswell even tho im not going to do it till a few years time, would be a great track car..

Pro steve is in Bristol and where have you heard those figures from? A 306 hdi competing with supercars?? Whoever told you that needs shooting, pronto!!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
lol man that aint good then, what is the max?

(24-06-2014, 11:04 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote:
(24-06-2014, 10:41 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: Lol, i have no clue either and i own a HDI, where abouts is this Pro Steve located? Im thinking of getting a remap done next year as my HDI is being parked up for a while, i can do stuff to it myself, and i seen other HDI's with intercooler etc? I heard you can get to 400-500BHP aswell even tho im not going to do it till a few years time, would be a great track car..

(23-06-2014, 08:54 AM)Matt Wrote: Not really owned. Just sounds like you have no clue about hdis.. Lol

Pro steve is in Bristol and where have you heard those figures from? A 306 hdi competing with supercars?? Whoever told you that needs shooting, pronto!!
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Nope, you're right, I guess I'll stick to the D Turbo's then, LOL
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 07:01 AM)JethroJay Wrote:

Hdi are much more simpler than the xud, its much less work and same sort of gains.
Just depends if you like to get your hands dirty or not.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 07:50 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(28-06-2014, 07:01 AM)JethroJay Wrote:
(23-06-2014, 08:54 AM)Matt Wrote: Not really owned. Just sounds like you have no clue about hdis.. Lol

Hdi are much more simpler than the xud, its much less work and same sort of gains.
Just depends if you like to get your hands dirty or not.

In my case I love getting my hands covered in engine grease Tongue
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 HDI D Turbo Owner in BLACK! HD-Aye! 16 3,030 05-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Piggy