Need some insurance help.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some insurance help.
Right this is probably going to be full of illegalities so if your not a rebel you might not want to read any further.

When i sold the 205 i switched my insurance policy onto my brothers car which isnt being used, this policy needs to run until the 29th of this month so i get my third year of no claims.

This current company will not let me change my policy to a car i want.

Technically im not aloud to use my no claims bonus on another policy because it is being used on my current one.

Im also a named driver on my mums policy but she is the only person on that policy covered 3rd party to drive other vehicles.

Question being is there anyway i can insure my new car to bring it home? Temp insurers wont touch me, im only 20 sadly. Could i just take out a policy online, drive the car home, then cancel it after a few days?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Will your current insurer drop the cover to TPFT for the last month and make it affordable?

Have you finished paying the existing policy?

Ask your current insurer for the cost of renewal (on your brothers car, not in use). This will yield a letter which is sufficient proof of NCB for another insurer to use. It could work, a different insurer may accept it as proof of no claims (despite the term not yet being complete).

If that makes sense.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Will your current insurer drop the cover to TPFT for the last month and make it affordable?
Im already TPFT, its not cost thats the issue, they're policys say that i have to be 26 years of age or older to insure the car i want. I asked if theres a price to change that and they said no.

Have you finished paying the existing policy?
Yes i have, 10 monthly payments then nothing for the last 2.

Ask your current insurer for the cost of renewal (on your brothers car, not in use). This will yield a letter which is sufficient proof of NCB for another insurer to use. It could work, a different insurer may accept it as proof of no claims (despite the term not yet being complete).

Surely that would have the policy dates on and any insurer would see that im still "in policy" so to speak?

If that makes sense.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sorry I carnt help at all but what's the new car? lol

Thanks given by:
What insurance company is that? Haven't found any car I can't insure yet!!
Thanks given by:
1st central insurance, they suck, i can insure whatever i like really, just not with this stupid company.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You can overlap NCB for up to 30 days with most companies..
Thanks given by:
Ah I see...never heard of them lol.

I just tend to temp insure on my own insurance, costs £17 for a week for pretty much any car lol. Admiral group ftw. Wink

Tempcover costs stupid amounts even if you were old enough. How would you get to the car? If your Mums taking you, could she drive it back and you drive hers?
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 01:42 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: You can overlap NCB for up to 30 days with most companies..

Oh really? The bloke at flux didnt think that was an option... If thats the case though then im good to go?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
PM me, i'll see what I can do.
Thanks given by:
Plates off, 3am. Job jobbed
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 02:18 PM)Connor Wrote: Plates off, 3am. Job jobbed

This.

Or borrow trade plates and say your "delivering" the car for whoever you borrowed the plates off. Wink

Or break it, ring AA and get recovered.

All the above tried and tested.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Wouldnt normally bother with that down in Cornwall, but its from Wiltshire back down here, a good 200 miles (3 hour drive) dont want to risk it really!

(04-06-2014, 02:07 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: PM me, i'll see what I can do.

What would you like me to pm you?

(04-06-2014, 02:42 PM)silverzx Wrote:

This.

Or borrow trade plates and say your "delivering" the car for whoever you borrowed the plates off. Wink

Or break it, ring AA and get recovered.

All the above tried and tested.

Dont have trade plates, and wouldnt i have to sabotage the car to get AA to pick it up?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 02:54 PM)Tom Wrote:

Wouldnt normally bother with that down in Cornwall, but its from Wiltshire back down here, a good 200 miles (3 hour drive) dont want to risk it really!

Pfft! Theres no law enforcement Somerset downward, crack on! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Well i would need insurance eventually, hopefully Jordan is right and i can just start a new policy! That would be grand Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Like I say, PM me and i'll double check for you - should be fine Smile
Thanks given by:
Done and done kind sir.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Your initial idea is probably the best mate although probably fraud if you take it out intending to cancel it

Insurance is a financial product that you get a 15 day cooling off period with in which you can cancel at any time and get all your money back if you change your mind (as long as you haven't claimed on it)
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 04:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Your initial idea is probably the best mate although probably fraud if you take it out intending to cancel it

Insurance is a financial product that you get a 15 day cooling off period with in which you can cancel at any time and get all your money back if you change your mind (as long as you haven't claimed on it)

Thats exactly what i thought, but out officially un official adrian flux representative (Jordan) is being a great help to my situation via PM Tongue Hopefully i will be sorted soon Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
To get my TVR home mid-year I bought a policy, then drove home, used it for 2 days, then cancelled under the cooling off period.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by: