Brake Master Cylinder leak after pushing on it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Master Cylinder leak after pushing on it
Hello chaps, just doing my turbo conversion (engine up, down, etc) and annoyingly this happens towards the end:
[Image: P1010009_zpsa711749f.jpg]

As you can see the turbo intake ducting has pushed up against the master cylinder reservoir and caused it to leak some fluid. When I lowered the engine back down it stopped leaking fluid immediately.

So what do we reckon, top up the fluid and a quick pump of the brakes to check it is okay? Or will I have to replace the whole master cylinder?Undecided I just wanna test out this new turbo so I am hoping if it holds up to brake pressure that means it will be okay.
Thanks given by:
There is no pressure in the resevoir itself
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The reservoir is just pushed into the seals so if you push on it then It will weep fluid out

Clean it up if it's not leaking now you should be ok

Maybe fetch the pipe over the rocker cover, between the inlet and cam cover if it will go ?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
should be ok, pushing up the resevoir can cause it to leak

top it up if it needs it and see how your brakes feel when out for a drive, doubt you'll have any air ingress
Thanks given by:
Double post
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Did you nick that pipe off your mums tumble dryer? Try some smaller pipe? What's wrong with something like a 405 air pipe setup?
Thanks given by:
Well thanks for putting my mind at ease guys. I actually had no idea that the reservoir was just pushed into the master cylinder with some seals around it's spout. I thought it was all integral sort of thing. Just tested the brakes and they are still firm and no fluid leaking when pressing them just to confirm what you guys have said.

Sambarker last year when I was asking for advice on building a turbo it was agreed that the biggest possible intake ducting would be ideal so I sourced some 3 inch flexi tubing from eBay. The bonnet does barely close but I may reroute it to the right hand side, once I have the exhaust elbow sorted. I just want this setup to be as efficient as possible, hence the large ducting.
Thanks given by:
unless your turbo inlet is 3" its a waste.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 12:25 PM)welshpug Wrote: unless your turbo inlet is 3" its a waste.

Completely incorrect.

If your turbo WAS 3 inch and you ran 3 inch pipe for even 1/3 of that distance, it would massively effect performance, as the pipe gets smaller the problem gets worse...as soon as you run a long intake pipe on any turbo you introduce chronic air drag / restriction...and it WILL effect power / turbo lonetivity...

Sadly with the blower down the back its almost impossible to get a big enough pipe to it without issues...I'm ocd about things touching / rubbing the bulkhead mind...

All you can do is open filter it, or if that's to far for you / daily driver, just run the biggest and shortest pipe you can...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi 23.8mm Master Cylinder - Where from? Alan_M 3 1,320 07-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Alan_M
  23mm Master Cylinder with 266mm Brakes MY95 18 4,765 16-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Hdi master cylinder tysonbully2k12 0 931 24-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Last Post: tysonbully2k12