Speedo and reverse lights! Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo and reverse lights! Help!
So.. Speedo stopped working then reverse lights a week later.. I replaced the reverse switch and speedo censor and it still didnt work.. Just out in new clocks and still speedo doesn't work .. And out in reverse bulbs and still nothing.. Maybe gear box is f*cking up? And also when I out my foot down I gear a knock.. Any ideas?
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Sounds like an earth issue.

And seperate to that, an engine mount failure.

Although the engine mount failure may have cause the wiring failure
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
check the chasis engin loom plug for corosion both signal wires come through there
Thanks given by:
Il have a look guys thanks! Smile
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Daveylennon93 mine was fuse 12, but if not just check threw yours. Hope it helps 
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Thanks mac. Ill def chek that out. Smile. Hopfully it might sort it out. Weve tried evrything else.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Ok mate good luck let me no how you get on Smile
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Got a similar (I think) issue.

Speedo stopped working completely a couple of weeks ago. Noticed about a week later my reverse lights werent working (though not sure when they stopped, I'm not always the most observant). Replaced the speedo sensor, and at the same time checked the reversing lights fuse. Both back in action, happy days.

Cut to a day later and speedo gone again, reverse lights ditto. Later the same day speedo perks up again, but is doing its own crazy dance that bears no relation to the speed I'm going. Next day, won't budge off zero.

Anyone any ideas?  Mac22, how did you fix yours in the end?

It's worth mentioning I've also got the mother of all oil leaks somewhere in the back of the engine, so wondering if there's something obvious that could be getting on and reaking havoc?
Thanks given by:
Hi mate. Check the fuse make sure you replace is wwith he correct one. Let me know how you get on? And pip leak? Could be rocker? Possibly from exhaust? Doubt itle be turbo unless it's coming out of your exhaust

Cheers
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,457 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Odometer lights and clock lights inop bashbarnard 3 2,152 23-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno
  reverse lights pug306driver 0 750 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Last Post: pug306driver