Fuel Strikes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Strikes
Toms306 Wrote:Do you get less power And less mpg with Veg BTW? Just something my tutor said last week and I wasn't sure if its right? Obviously the cost easily covers lower mpg, I get that, but less power? :think:

Veg has less energy per litre than diesel, so yes not as much power, but only marginally. Also the car will be less economical than on straight derv. But it still works out cheaper.

I hope you guys are all keeping a logbook in your car detailing fill-ups on veg (dates and how many litres); if the po-po pull you you need proof you've not exceeded the annual maximum withou paying duty...
Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
And it smells like a chippy too :/

So really the only upside to Veg is that its MUCH cheaper then. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes sir
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so sad that drivers who are on £45k per year feel the need to go on strike ??????

i think i will go bosch asap, veg oil from aldi/netto/asda or even run the car off a waft of an eggy fart if need be !!! i dont care about power, i only plod about to/from work in it but being held to ransom by overpaid drivers , delivering an over-taxed product is taking the p*ss.

i have had an un-believably bad day and just had to get that one out..........goodnight.
Thanks given by:
whatever, if the po-po pull you it's the first time you've ever put veg in it innit . .Wink . . . . . .couldn't give less of a shit if i tried . . . .lol . . . .until then the only records i'll be keeping is my extensive collection of 12" vinyl . . .

also my Dyno figure down there VVVVVVVVVV was done with plenty of veg in and a little diesel . . . .so fcuk it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
daddyfixit Wrote:so sad that drivers who are on £45k per year feel the need to go on strike ??????
Argh no dont say that! Their strike isnt to do with money its to do with regulation changes and changes in the safety procedures and training potentially quite dangerous!

It really winds me up that people think that when people go on strike its because they want more money!
Same was when i was at royal fail we went on strike and it was nothing to do with money but everyone assumes it is
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If ive sold my car then it wont be an issue as ill be on veg.

for those running veg your supposed to keep records of what you buy/use and customs can demand to see that record and fine you if you dont have it iirc. Receipts in a book is fine for it though.

Already massive queues of panic buyers at petrol stations though
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmm...............think its time to stock up on veg lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Pfft stupid worriers, they are the ones that cause the shortages in the first place. Massive bellends!

To be fair most of the po-po don't even know the rules on running veg. I've been pulled over and they asked me what was in the boot so I replied '60 litres of veg oil' and then they asked me why and told them the car ran off it. Then they said 'Is that legal' ... wtf shouldn't you already know!
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Hmmmmm...............think its time to stock up on veg lol

Time to stock up on diesel I think......before it hits £2 a litre............just need a large tanker..... :think:
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Already massive queues of panic buyers at petrol stations though

How can you panic buy fuel!? It disappears so quickly and fuel tanks are only 50-60 litres usually lol! Confusedhock:

I'll be brimming mine today as usual for a tuesday...will have to do the same again next week! :roll:
Thanks given by:
^^ or you could have edited you previous post instead of double posing............. lol

If you want to stock up buy a storage tank and get yourself 5000L ordered in Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:^^ or you could have edited you previous post instead of double posing............. lol

If you want to stock up buy a storage tank and get yourself 5000L ordered in Wink

Couldve done, but my post count isnt very impressive atm. Tongue

Where would I put a 5000 litre tank? lmao Not sure it'd fit in my bedroom!? :think:

It wouldn't really work anyway though, theres no winter additives in the summer stuff. Sad
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:^^ or you could have edited you previous post instead of double posing............. lol

dont forget the planning permision and the double bunded tank cost's!
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:

dont forget the planning permision and the double bunded tank cost's!

It was a joke Cully :roll: but you could put the tank in a garden shed and nobody would be any the wiser lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:I hope you guys are all keeping a logbook in your car detailing fill-ups on veg (dates and how many litres); if the po-po pull you you need proof you've not exceeded the annual maximum withou paying duty...
Smile

"its at home officer... i don't wish to carry important information in my car"

*Goes home and makes a diary / oh, yeh, this is my first fill up*
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Ed Doe Wrote:I hope you guys are all keeping a logbook in your car detailing fill-ups on veg (dates and how many litres); if the po-po pull you you need proof you've not exceeded the annual maximum withou paying duty...
Smile

"its at home officer... i don't wish to carry important information in my car"

^^ this, or "sorry officer, I only filled it up with veg for the first time this morning so as such don't have any records, however, I do intend to keep them from now on" lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:"its at home officer... i don't wish to carry important information in my car"

^^ this, or "sorry officer, I only filled it up with veg for the first time this morning so as such don't have any records, however, I do intend to keep them from now on" lol

and then write down that first fill up... they pull you again *it's my second fill up...*
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:and then write down that first fill up... they pull you again *it's my second fill up...*

Exactly, I have been using diesel between the two :liar:

lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
With regards to running on veg, MoT records should be enough as they record the odometer.

2500 litres can be said to give approximately 20000 miles (that's assuming 36mpg average). Unless your odo readings are greater than this, I wouldn't worry about it, they would be unreasonable to levy any charges.

Of course, this is an estimate, however it is fully justifiable..
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Well......the two shell stations near me have no regular diesel or unleaded!! :o Tesco also has no diesel (so I've been told, not been there myself), so Im tempted to use VPower for this week. :o :think:
Thanks given by:
I dot get why people are panic buying when they don't go on strike till next weekend :/
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:I dot get why people are panic buying when they don't go on strike till next weekend :/

If they're not on strike then were the hell is all the fuel!? Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
I thought they wernt going on strike till Easter weekend? And therefore everyone started panic buying? So everyone ran out stupidly quick?
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:With regards to running on veg, MoT records should be enough as they record the odometer.

2500 litres can be said to give approximately 20000 miles (that's assuming 36mpg average). Unless your odo readings are greater than this, I wouldn't worry about it, they would be unreasonable to levy any charges.

Ive made a super excel spread sheet that tracks all my fill ups!
Ill attach it to this post so every one can be as anal as me!!

It also tells me how long it would take to pay off a bosch conversion and what my savings would be!
The yellow is where you input the data and the spread sheet does all the working out

Attached Files
.xls   306 Fuel App.xls (Size: 167.5 KB / Downloads: 8)
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Jesus Ben you massive homo! How anal can you be?! I don't even know how you would work half that out haha
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:
Toby Wrote:With regards to running on veg, MoT records should be enough as they record the odometer.

Ive made a super excel spread sheet that tracks all my fill ups!
Ill attach it to this post so every one can be as anal as me!!

It also tells me how long it would take to pay off a bosch conversion and what my savings would be!
The yellow is where you input the data and the spread sheet does all the working out

Wow and I thought I was anal about mpg! lmao
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Jesus Ben you massive homo! How anal can you be?! I don't even know how you would work half that out haha

I was having a slow day at work!

I've added a weekly average now.

So you can see what you spend weekly!

geek much?

but seriosly i find it handy to see where my money goes each month and then how much i need to stick a bosch on the car!

Attached Files
.xls   306 Fuel App.xls (Size: 170.5 KB / Downloads: 2)
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Well the clever panic buyers have sucked my local shell dry.
Thanks given by:
i need to top up my car, paranoid bastards better not have pinched it all... else ill be filling up with redex!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Dreaded Pothole Strikes Again..... bodp553 9 2,006 18-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: bodp553
  The nanny state strikes again! Toby 58 11,879 31-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Kimmie