A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END
Well confused

Defender can't be the new shell surely?

You have another metro shell for this?
Thanks given by:
Readies here to take the whoe car and spares package away... alot more than you'll get for it scrap money anyways...

Kudos on the defender! looks a gorgeous example! Big Grin Make sure you concentrate every effort on making it unstealable! defenders are going missing every day and rarely get seen again Sad
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2016, 07:57 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Well confused

Defender can't be the new shell surely?

You have another metro shell for this?
Nah i was winding everyone up, its game over with me with metros now.

(05-12-2016, 10:57 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Readies here to take the whoe car and spares package away... alot more than you'll get for it scrap money anyways...

Kudos on the defender! looks a gorgeous example! Big Grin Make sure you concentrate every effort on making it unstealable! defenders are going missing every day and rarely get seen again Sad

Matt i have already been let down twice with people wanting the car, so f*ck its going to a scrap yard with the full smash.
Thanks given by:
Dude, scraps £60 per ton on cars & car parts...

I would happily come up there with the £100 (more than you'll get at a yard) and take it all away without the hassle of you dragging it in yourself.

But its your choice. You will seriously regret weighing it in.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2016, 06:14 PM)procta Wrote:
(19-11-2016, 05:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: Noooo!!!

Just read up you fixed it... Surely can repair the front end??

not worth it, and finding panels now is a pain,

(19-11-2016, 05:53 PM)welshpug Wrote: ohhh so it was in gear when you fired it up.

it would have just stalled, my dad thinks its either been half in and half out.

Sadly, it doesn't. My ex did this with her 218 VVC Coupe, ended well though as it rode up a bush and just sat there wheelspinning a foot in the air.

Gutted for you.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2016, 03:31 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dude, scraps £60 per ton on cars & car parts...

I would happily come up there with the £100 (more than you'll get at a yard) and take it all away without the hassle of you dragging it in yourself.

But its your choice. You will seriously regret weighing it in.

I was offered 250 for the full car with spares matt, but the lad could not get a transporter to trailer it back.  Mg metro cup driver wanted it for the running gear and the spares but the gear box turned out to be the wrong type. So he bailed out.  I am not going to hang on to this thing any longer now, Its in the way now and taking up space, that can be used for the 3 cars.  If you had PMed me last week matt, about it we could have sorted something out. Sadly i have belled a local scrap yard to come and collect it, it should have gone today but looks like it could be tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Noooo!!! All that work n parts to be crushed!?

You gottabe winding us all up!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2016, 07:12 AM)Piggy Wrote: Noooo!!! All that work n parts to be crushed!?

You gottabe winding us all up!?

sadly not piggy pal, I have really gave up on it now, and i stated back a page or two that there will not be a round 4.  sadly i have put this one as a successful failure.  I should not have bothered with the head gasket repair and really should have called it when the it went boom back in the year.
Thanks given by:
This is so silly. Why wouldnt you just stuck it on ebay?
Thanks given by:
The scrappy will think xmas has come early if he knows anything about cars! No way will they scrap it, they'll know someone to make a decent little profit on it.

Shame Procta, you could've let someone else finish what you lost passion for. It seems strange that you're going to the extremes of getting a scrap man to collect it when enthusiasts are waving cash in your face!
Thanks given by:
If you scrap it, I'll never forgive you.
You are the one who often mentions how sad it is that good cars meet their end due to one sad reason or another. This one will be an example of a waste of good spares and a most likely repairable shell.
Do the good thing and pass it on, it may have pissed you off but it does not deserve to be crushed, does it?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
i get the feeling pissed offness has taken hold, bit of "if i can't have it, no-one can" . . . . . . Danny's right though, give it another home, last thing you said was the engine was running right, makes no sense to cube it . . . . your call at the end of the day though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I am genuinely surprised. You finally found the engine fault.

So essentially it just needs reshelling or a dumdum patch up for now. I"ll bump Matts offer and say £125 collected.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The full works got binned this after noon. Lads i did offer the full smash to two people, one was on the metro owners club ( He was going to reshell it) the other to an mg metro cup driver for parts for two racing cars. One couldn't get a transporter, the other bailed out due to it not having the correct gear box but failed to tell me this, i only found out after i belled his pal enquiring what time he was arriving so i wasted a full fuckin day, that i could have been out with a pal or looking over the new car.
So i have said f*ck it i am weighing the full works in, why should i keep a car that people want but will not push hard enough to come and get it. If matt or piggy were serious you two would have been PMing me like mad.

matt, i threw 2k at sorting this engine out, and again it still would not play ball.  Only so much you can throw at a car or at anything, then you going to have to say enough is enough here.  The car did start to have electrical problems on both looms, the head started to week oil, again we would have had to strip that to fix that problem again. even though we did not rebuild the head.  This one really had turned into a basket case, 

danny I know its a waste i tell you i have blew well over 10k easy, i could have bought my landy or a TD5 version out right for that. If people are not going to push hard enough to come and collect it, then why should I keep a car that's taking up space on my dads drive way.   

All i can say about this one,  it was a successful failure,  

Cheers lads for following this one, even though it wasnt as popular as the GTA 16v.  In the end its time to move on, nearly 10 years in the metro project. Spares and the cars are not that easy now to get hold of which is a shame. 
I have not ended on bad terms with metros, but sadly i have ended on bad terms with this one.  Also i have out grew them now too.
Thanks given by:
I didnt PM coz I assumed you'dnot be crazy/wasteful enough to just have it crushed Undecided
Hope you have fun with the landy. Shame to see this go.
One of my favourite projects on the forum.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have nothing else to say on this matter other than i have lost alot of respect for you now.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
From what ive read this has been really silly. Seems a perfectly good car has been scrapped despite its desirability. Why not just chuck it on ebay? Youve said parts are hard to find and now youve binned all your good stuff off!
Thanks given by:
You're going to look back on this in a few weeks and absolutely kick yourself silly.

Warned accordingly.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2016, 09:52 AM)Eeyore Wrote: From what ive read this has been really silly. Seems a perfectly good car has been scrapped despite its desirability. Why not just chuck it on ebay? Youve said parts are hard to find and now youve binned all your good stuff off!

not going to mess about selling stuff on Ebay, i dont have the time for that, like i did last year and again no one really buys the bits for these now either, or they just want it for nothing.

(07-12-2016, 09:57 AM)1616six Wrote: You're going to look back on this in a few weeks and absolutely kick yourself silly.

Warned accordingly.

not really, The car was going to go next year, The new car has been on the cards since jan.
Cheers for the warning, Inlove
Thanks given by:
"they want it for nothing" ....scraps for £50?

Don't think we should keep harping on about it at you but it does feel like you've thrown a box of diamonds in the bin
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2016, 01:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: "they want it for nothing" ....scraps for £50?

Don't think we should keep harping on about it at you but it does feel like you've thrown a box of diamonds in the bin

The metro peoples losses not mine or ours piggy, No one really cared about me binned the car off on the metro owners club. all said fare play.
Thanks given by:
Really?? Thats crazy. Obviously they are not true petrolheads
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield... 399road 145 69,319 09-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,900 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 54,081 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13