Front Anti Roll bar and bush few questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Anti Roll bar and bush few questions
Had a bit of a knock/rattle for a few days, after having a quick look under the car and the Anti roll bar has moved across a bit to the drivers side and the knock/rattle is the anti roll bar just catching on the passanger side wishbone.
So would this suggest that the anti roll bar bushes are worn? i have checked and everything is tight and the brackets that go round the bushes are fitted correctly. I had the same about 6 months ago and i just slackened everything off and moved the anti roll bar back over, but if it has done it again then surley the bushes must be worn. Or any ideas what else it could be ?

So looking on service box with my vin number ( car is a 2.0 hdi meridan x reg 2001) it says that the front anti roll bar is 19mm diameter does this sound about right?

Are the bushes simple enough to change, and has anyone tried these before, over standard ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281305737711?s...1418wt_941

Cheers and sorry about all the questions Titch
Thanks given by:
Had a Good look under the car at the weekend and the bushes have seen better days. Got a new standard pair to go one.
Anyone have any hints or tips on changing them please?
Thanks given by:
Lube!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Brilliant, are the new ones that tight to get on ?

Titch
Thanks given by:
There not too bad,.put a bar on the clamp/bush and push them down so u can get the bolt through,

It'll make sense when u get round it anyway
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drop the back of the sub frame down makes it a bit easier
Thanks given by:
Ok,

Cheers fellas, i don't fancy dropping the rear of the subframe down, the bolts look like they haven't be touched in years.
Will have a go without but i guess if i need to i will have to.

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
How did you get on titch? I'm doing mine this weekend and wanted to know how easy it is...or hard. The haynes book of lies says disconnect PAS pipes???!!! Is this right?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
I didn't drop the rear of the sub frame, i jacked up the car put it on stands and took both front wheels off. Then i disconnected the drop links from the anti roll bar on both sides.
Un did the bolt that goes down through the clamp and P bush and removed the old bush by sliding it up the anti roll bar, slid the new bush on( and spent quite a bit of time and fiddling about to make sure that the anti roll bar was in the correct position in the bush and that it was central and then using a small g clamp each side i clamped down the p bush and anti roll bar clamp which wasn't easy ( make sure the back of the clamp is located correctly at the rear ) you will see what i mean when you do it.
Then fitted and tightened up the bolt and then reconnected the drop links to the anti roll bar. It was a little while ago since i did it so i think thats it. Iirc i think i marked the angle that the anti roll bar was at before i started so i made sure that it went back in the same position ( not sure if you need to do that but i did just incase).

There might be another easier or better way of doing it so don't quote me on it, but thats how i did it, wasn't difficult just a ball ache really as there isn't much room around the clamp.
Thanks given by:
They're easy enough to fit, just seriously fiddly!
It's tight for space and some force needed to clamp them.

I had my self in many different positions.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice! Cheers for the heads-up lads ThumbsUp , I'm all set for tomorrow then Big Grin 12 o'clock start. Bit late but we got light until late now Big Grin Noticed drive shafts are a bit clunky-grindy when turning so gonna grease me some joints...and gt85 the bearings in the suspension cups then should be ready for the nice drive to Chelmsford. Hope she can last a bit longer till i get some more money Wink
Thanks given by:
Should be rate, I've drove much worse a longer distance lol
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
all being well Smile I know its not like a million miles away but i panic easy when i hear things rattling, grinding and clunking where there shouldn't be lol got a pregnant wife to co-pilot me on the way...i don't wanna have to stop for anything other than a piss break for her lol Im not taking any tools with me either...suitcases for her have put a stop to that lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Haha fair enough. :-) should be alright, I've very rarely had a 306 fail me tbh.
I got breakdown cover for the gti6 i put on the road this time last year and I only used it a few weeks ago when I fitted a dodgy bosch pump to my xud.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Surprised you can hear anything car related over a pregnant wife in the passenger seat.... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lol tom, its right. "Slow down!" "How long left?" "I'm hungry"

Pfff, I'm looking forward to this Confused
Thanks given by:
Did you get them done ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear anti roll bar Tidoh2016 3 1,546 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Tidoh2016