T2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T2
Ok just fitted a t2 doesn't seam to boost more than 10 psi why would this the boost pipe is on 100 precent ?? I hear like a bit of a whistle but not sure if thats the turbo as no airbox on the car ?
Thanks given by:
Have you adjusted the wategate actuater or turned fueling up
Thanks given by:
Yea fuel pump is a lucas its near maxed turbo no may e a boost leak from manafold nee gasket put on
Thanks given by:
Nee gasket? Meaning no gasket?
If so thats why.
Search is your friend, so much stuff on here about what you are asking about.
I knew nothing about XUDs until I started searching old threads and learned enough to do a pump and turbo conversion without asking too many silly questions just by using search when I got stuck.
Thanks given by:
New gasket
Thanks given by:
Iv tryed everything i think and still dont understand it
Thanks given by:
If your confident there is no boost leaks, are you sure the turbo is boosting? Do you get chronic coal out the exhaust?

could there be an oil feed issue and the turbo is now gone tight?
Thanks given by:
Yea turbo boosting 8-10 psi and yea black reek
Thanks given by:
if your 100% positive there is no boost leaks and you are getting chronic coal i would say the turbo has gone tight, due to no oil. when i done a turbo change on my xud, i had oil problems which meant the turbo wasnt being lubricated and caused the turbo to not spool at all, felt like i was driving a nad, and i had so much coal dropping out the back. i would suggest dropping the engine off the mount again, take the air intake pipe off and see of you can get your hand down by the turbo and spin it, if it doesnt spin freely then thats your problem
Thanks given by:
Yea trydd that and the turbo spins 100 precent like could it need a oil change as oil looked like jelly lol
Thanks given by:
aright, well it wouldnt hurt to do an oil change, do it and see if it helps. have you tried adjusting the wastegate on the turbo?

^^ignore that about the wastegate, just read an earlier post
Thanks given by:
Yea think so like but standard should be 14 psi should it not ?
Thanks given by:
standard ranges from 12 to 14 psi
Thanks given by:
Ahh im getting 8 max like and pure reek out the back its bad though lucas pump is screwed alot
Thanks given by:
what sort of exhaust have you got on the car? is it fully straight through? a blockage in the exhaust could restrict the turbo from spooling properly
Thanks given by:
Full straight through
Thanks given by:
dont know if you've come across this on your search http://www.aa1car.com/library/turbo_repair.htm
Thanks given by:
No havnt
Thanks given by:
Perhaps turn the fuel down abit? It might just be bogging down to much..
Thanks given by:
I had a kkk03 with same setup and it went far better just after sticking wastgate closed and bocking actuator pipe and its still not running write could that be true its screwed at pump to much even though before it was ok unless this turbo cant handle it ?
Thanks given by:
no mate..
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Maybe oil is bad other than that i give up
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2014, 08:21 AM)pbell283 Wrote: Maybe oil is bad other than that i give up

wastegate needs adjusting or boost leak . . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok i cut the actuator pipe and put a screw in it do i still need to adjust the bolt on the wastgate arm to close the wastgate ?
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 05:10 PM)pbell283 Wrote: Ok i cut the actuator pipe and put a screw in it do i still need to adjust the bolt on the wastgate arm to close the wastgate ?

without being rude mate you need to do some reading up is what you need to do . .Smile
Thanks given by:
I cant find anything
Thanks given by: