1.8 backbox on gti 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 backbox on gti 6
Hi all, an easy one for you, will a performance backbox off a 1.8 fit on a gti 6? Had one come up local I just need to check it fits. Thanks Andy
Thanks given by:
Ive fitted a gti6 backbox to my 1.8. The difference in the exhausts is the manifold and the cat. Rest back from that should be interchangeable.
Thanks given by:
Thanks much appreciated, will get that then.
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 11:23 AM)SRowell Wrote: Ive fitted a gti6 backbox to my 1.8. The difference in the exhausts is the manifold and the cat. Rest back from that should be interchangeable.

Only the backbox is interchangeable, mid-pipe is different as it starts slightly further back I believe.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 01:53 PM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(21-05-2014, 11:23 AM)SRowell Wrote: Ive fitted a gti6 backbox to my 1.8. The difference in the exhausts is the manifold and the cat. Rest back from that should be interchangeable.

Only the backbox is interchangeable, mid-pipe is different as it starts slightly further back I believe.

It was my understanding that it worked like this...

1800 |-Manifold-|----Cat----|-----Centre-----|-Back-|
GTI6 |---Manifold---|--Cat--|-----Centre-----|-Back-|
Thanks given by:
So going off this the backbox will be ok on my gti 6 ? Thanks Andy
Thanks given by:
Yes backbox is fine.
Thanks given by:
Spot on, thanks for the help.
Thanks given by:

Incorrect. The centre and back boxes are the same. It's inly the lengt of the cat going up to the manifold that differs Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 06:01 PM)SRowell Wrote:

It was my understanding that it worked like this...

1800 |-Manifold-|----Cat----|-----Centre-----|-Back-|
GTI6 |---Manifold---|--Cat--|-----Centre-----|-Back-|

I think the join is in roughly the same place but the two don't mate up iirc. Certainly they are under different part numbers and the middle silencer is smaller on the GTi6, perhaps the pipe diameter is bigger too? Certainly looks like the 1.8 flares out slightly before the backbox join...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I had a 1.8 centre and backbox running off a gti cat and manifold for about 18 months. Maybe some are different to others....
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: