Cab thoughts 2.1 d tub or stage 2 hdi comment please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cab thoughts 2.1 d tub or stage 2 hdi comment please
Hi guys been thinkin about this for a while now with a pay rise coming up with summer well kinda here really fancy a cab so lookin into a diesel as I just prefer them was gonna hdi it as I have 1 already and like the way it drives but after reading about d tubs a little and the fun they can have has left me scratching my head so gonna sell my bike n start lookin for a dead cab or cheap so all comments are welcome im leaning more towards the 2.1 just because monster torque but 1.9s are rapid also so basically helllllllppppppp lol cheers guys
Thanks given by:
2.1 is ruddy noisey to be honest

I would think a HDi cabby be kinda to the ears
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
2 b fair im gonna rip out the rear seats for subwoofers so not really a problem good shout tho cheers
Thanks given by:
If you better with electrics, then hdi.
If you prefer old school mechanics, xud9 for a lighter easier option
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A bit so so with both no mechanic but no auto electrician either how's the 2.1 day to day and under abuse compared 2 the 1.9 I read that after a bit of tuning u can't just nail the 1.9 also is there like the equivalent to Darren jobs on the 2.1 sorry for the questions iv never been this envolved before just want 2 do it properly
Thanks given by:
The XUD9 / DW10 are straight swaps, the XUD11 if your using a standard turbo needs quite a bit of work with the hammers to make it fit. Also if you blow a XUD11 turbo good luck finding a replacement.

Realistically they are 3 very different lumps but all very easy to get 140-160bhp out of.
Thanks given by:
Its all about the xud9 but then again im biased. There simple and easy to fit and maintain and no electrics to go wrong
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not long done a HDi Cabriolet & I must say from donor car to cab is very easy took us a day to complete..
Chris
Thanks given by:
HDi, all day. More refined, better power delivery, quieter, better on fuel, lower emissions etc etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Well guys I think I'm gonna b looking for a hdi lump then but I'm planning to get it balanced, polished and lightened first so 8 any body has a good hdi and gearbox floating around and is not miles aways from Gatwick that they wanna sell let me know also what's a good good Turbo upgrade for a hdi any body seen any successful alternatives sorry for all the questions cheers
Thanks given by:
Would save your money on the lightening, balancing and head polishing. Really no point unless you are pushing for 250+hp.

Just get a stock motor, stick a decent turbo on like a 2052/2056, intercooler, clutch and get it mapped for 200hp.
JP
Thanks given by:
The right turbo depends on what power you want to go for a GT1549 is only a tiny upgrade but very nice for just stage 2 power and almost standard response.
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2014, 11:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The right turbo depends on what power you want to go for a GT1549 is only a tiny upgrade but very nice for just stage 2 power and almost standard response.

Sorry, what? You can't tell me that mine's unresponsive with a 2052 on it. It's by far the better option IMO, and the right frame shape pretty much goes straight on. Think of the better flow you see with the bigger frame size.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
So is balancing a waste of time I was reading the zx build thread on here and he said it made a difference so for the 100 odd quid it would be I thought it would have been money well spent im not after massive power was just gonna get a good exhaust and air filter with a fmic and map to suit if it needs a clutch then so be it lol also jamma can u map a hdi to coal at say 4k just as like a party trick
Thanks given by:
how to fit 2,1 to ph1 1.9dt LHD ? what need hammering ? i read meany thread's but i dont know what wit exhaust mani, turbo and downpipe .
Thanks given by:
Theres a guide in how to fit the 2.1 in the guides Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i know i read it. but i still dont know if turbo and exhaust mani will fit becouse i have LHD
Thanks given by:
Only difference is where the brake MC and steering UJ is....if anything it will help.
The engine bay is symetrical after all
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ok thanks for help... i still dont know how it fit. my english isnt best and i dont understad all from ' how to fit the 2.1'
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,923 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6