France/Belgium help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France/Belgium help
delete
Thanks given by:
Nope, but I've done Normandy and Ypres and the surrounding area. If you're doing war memorials and stuff plan ahead and do your research, there's some epic stuff out there, but also a lot of shite!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Lille is nice, good shopping area and plenty of nice bars and restraunts in the center
Thanks given by:
I'll be working in Dunkirk in the next couple of months. From what I've been told you can't buy food on Mondays, but this could be just lads winding me up.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2014, 07:25 PM)306carter Wrote: I'll be working in Dunkirk in the next couple of months. From what I've been told you can't buy food on Mondays, but this could be just lads winding me up.

Not sure about that, but I know the big supermarkets and stuff don't open on Sundays
Thanks given by:
A lot of France is like the UK was 30-40 years ago with half day closing etc. Where we go in southern France the "supermarket" shuts at midday and stays closed until about 4pm. Some of the hypermarkets are open Sundays now.

I did like the supermarket fuel over there last year - included a Wynn's additive and still cheaper than UK diesel !
Thanks given by:
delete
Thanks given by:
Don't fill up in Calais!!

Drive a few miles to the nearest town on your route drop off the main road and in to the town the fuel will be much cheaper
Thanks given by:
Exactly that ^^^.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
delete
Thanks given by:
If your going any where near luxemberg plan to fill up there as it's stupidly cheap.

I'll be aiming to roll in to the country on fumes and brim it enroute to Italy and then full it back up on my return trip
Thanks given by:
delete
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trailer required - France Fooby 154 72,013 22-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Last Post: vlj
  Ebay France Eeyore 23 4,227 27-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe
  Belgium trip - best pics ginge191 17 3,547 26-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim