Help! Bosch issues!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Bosch issues!
I had no choice other than run without a fuel filter for about 12 miles this morning. How badly am I likely to of f*cked my Bosch Pump?

Basically I pulled out to go to a race and the car wouldn't rev, no power, just a bastard to drive and within 200 yards cut out and wouldn't restart. Cracked the bonnet and could see there was no fuel in the return line, pumped the grenade and still no fuel.

Took the fuel line off at the pump inlet and still no fuel from the primer. took the line off pre filter and had fuel, still not alot but enough to get me 6 miles down the road (7am on a Sunday so Halfords was closed). It still wouldn't rev past about 2000rpm and was terribly lurchy when you tried like when its starving flat out.

I assume I've got a blocked strainer as well as needing a new filter that I've just cycled to halfords to get?

EDIT:

Well the filter wasn't blocked, something much much worse has gone wrong.

The pump doesn't suck hard enough to pull fuel through even a fresh fuel filter, the in tank strainer was clean (well clean enough but i cleaned it through) and the mesh was intact.

I'm stumpped, either something has somehow got through and is stuck in the lines restricting it or the actual Bosch itself is f*cked. Anybody help?
Thanks given by:
I've done it before in an emergency situation with no problems afterwards.
Thanks given by:
12?! Haha i done hundreds with no filter. Maybe i just got lucky. It will be fine. Get one on there now but really dont worry about it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well the filter wasn't blocked, something much much worse has gone wrong.

The pump doesn't suck hard enough to pull fuel through even a fresh fuel filter, the in tank strainer was clean (well clean enough but i cleaned it through) and the mesh was intact.

I'm stumpped, either something has somehow got through and is stuck in the lines restricting it or the actual Bosch itself is f*cked. Anybody help?
Thanks given by:
Would be unusual for it to just stop. Something in the lines maybe?

I would get a can of diesel and a new piece of hose and try to run it just off that to check the pump is ok.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, thats the next plan, It runs without a fuel filter buy barely, wont rev past about 2k, maybe not even that high.

I suppose if it is the pump thats f*cked its an excuse for a 11mm pump Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2014, 04:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah, thats the next plan, It runs without a fuel filter buy barely, wont rev past about 2k, maybe not even that high.

I suppose if it is the pump thats f*cked its an excuse for a 11mm pump Big Grin

Well, I'm afraid that means your pump is f*cked, and it's compulsory to now fit an 11mm pump Smile
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Uh oh :-\

Although that pump has always been a bitch, getting it to run with less fuel to pass an mot in the sedan took hours of fine tuning
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I reckon the pump's scrap mate, look at how it was running before.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's not the stop solenoid that's half closed or somet just an idea
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump issues Matt 19 2,330 14-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Bosch pump issues Matt 36 4,749 26-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Matt
  11mm Bosch pump issues strictly_perv 16 3,396 29-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Piggy