Upgrading parcel shelf speakers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading parcel shelf speakers
I've got a crackle coming from the back of the car when listening to louder music, have just upgraded the fronts to some nice Kenwood 6.5" jobbies and wondered if you can do similar to the back?

I don't want to stick anything too heavy in there as I know the shelf can sag with too much weight on it.

I tried to remove one of the factory speakers from the little plastic enclosure but it wouldn't budge. Is it glued in? It would be nice to retain those plastic things but upgrade the speakers as they probably offer some protection from the crap in the boot...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I've got a phase 3 shelf and they just unscrew. Personally, wouldn't bother spending money on aftermarket speakers for the rear. They're just there for fill, some standard ones in good condition would be fine, cheaper and less hassle.
Thanks given by:
If you have passengers in the rear nicer sounds makes the journey easier. I would get same custom fit jobbies that will go straight like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENWOOD-360W-T...19eb65f8c3 as you already have kenwood installed stuck with the same brand for ya

first where dual cone these are 2 way co-ax http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENWOOD-KFC-E1...4d1863a789

and these are 3 way co-ax http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENWOOD-400W-T...51b5c65bd0
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother Chris as your new sub will ruin then.

Shelf speakers sharing the same space as the sub is no good for them. The sub tends to push the shelf speakers past there normal movement range.
Thanks given by:
how many watts is his sub?
Thanks given by:
If you would really like to give it a go I've got some kenwood co-ax you can have.

[Image: Kenwoodspeakers1_zpsf651c85a.jpg]

[Image: Kenwoodspeakers2_zps14988115.jpg]
Thanks given by:
they would work and be way cheaper then what I Linked to
Thanks given by:
He gave me his old JBL so he can have them for free. I can't believe I paid £70 for them when I had my old 405. I knew nothing about audio then lol

His new sub is a 10" so they might not be too bad, he didn't say if it was ported though.
Thanks given by:
if it was over 1k Wrms then yea but if under that it won't cause any extra excursion on the 17cms as they'll all be in phase if wired correctly
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parcel shelf Jimer64 2 1,875 15-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jimer64
  Parcel shelf speakers allye 14 3,165 08-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  door and parcel shelf speakers Dramsay1984 3 1,363 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Iceman299