What do i do with this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do i do with this?
little confused with this, my driver side speaker wasn't working so i took it out and unplugged it and found these two wires in the terminals on the plug. I removed them and plugged the connector back in and the speaker worked (the black wires were shorting the speaker out)

Since I've removed the two black wires my electric windows don't work. (i can only open the passenger window by using the switch on the passenger side)

I'm really not sure what to do with these wires to get my window switches to work

all help welcome Smile thanks guys

[attachment=15617]
Thanks given by:
There not Standard wires

I check the door loom for damage someone may have wired the motor to the speaker
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 09:48 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: There not Standard wires

I check the door loom for damage someone may have wired the motor to the speaker

That's annoying :/ may see if anyone could help me out at FCS as I don't know anything about wiring looms. This is my first car
Thanks given by:
Lol, that's a nice bodge! Confused

Put them back as they were lol.
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 10:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, that's a nice bodge! Confused

Put them back as they were lol.

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking, to be fair I don't open my drivers window so I'll wait till FCS and see if anyone can help with the switch and maybe re wire it
Thanks given by:
You don't open the window? Mines barely ever closed lol...surely you don't have working air con? lol
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 10:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You don't open the window? Mines barely ever closed lol...surely you don't have working air con? lol

Don't even have Air con lol I just open the passenger window to let air in. The switch on the pas anger side works. But the on on the driver side that controls both doesn't. Hope it's an easy fix to be honest
Thanks given by:
Right guys I'm going to be brave and attempt to sort this wiring out myself. Does anyone have any tips of what I should be doing and what I need to look out for
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 10:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You don't open the window? Mines barely ever closed lol...surely you don't have working air con? lol

haha, i normally drive with windows down and heaters on, dont know why, but its quite a nice contrast, keeping warm with fresh air in your face.
(22-04-2014, 11:08 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Right guys I'm going to be brave and attempt to sort this wiring out myself. Does anyone have any tips of what I should be doing and what I need to look out for
make sure your battery is disconnected of course, if you strip any wires make sure you know where they went, would be a great help to get a wiring diagram also. not sure if anyone has one?
Thanks given by:
Do your windows go up and down in time to the music? What a sick mod! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2014, 12:21 PM)SRowell Wrote: Do your windows go up and down in time to the music? What a sick mod! Big Grin

Haha! That would be epic but sadly no, whoever did this wiring before needs to be shot, I really don't know what to do with it :/
Thanks given by:
i fixed it! the culprit was the little pillar speaker. some how it must of shorted out the door looms, i removed them as they didn't work anyway and now the windows work! result Smile
Thanks given by: