vectra c 1.8 clutch problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vectra c 1.8 clutch problem
hi, before i start there wasnt a miscellaneous section so thought id put it here, please feel free to move if need

right my mom has a vectra c 1.8 petrol, it was very difficullt to get into 1st and reverse, find if you turn the engine off just wouldnt when on, did some reading and looked like the concentric slave cylinder so stripped the box and and changed the clutch and slave cylinder and put it all back together.

problem is it still having problems going into gears, iv bled the hydraulic pipe but noticed when i press the clutch pedal the box isnt drawing any hydraulic fluid. I removed the lid of the brake reservoir and blew into it and can feel it at the bleed nipple on the box so theres no blockages.

anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

thanks for your help in advance
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
So its a new slave cylinder yeah? And theres no signs of leaks? If thats the case, my money would be on a bad master cylinder.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
new slave cylinder, no leaks at all, would a bad master cylinder also not affect the brakes as it run from the same one? may have to try rebleeding as it looks to need pressure bleeding

Current cars
Thanks given by:
It doesn't run from the same master cylinder. Individual masters on both clutch and brake pedal but they share the same reservoir (which is generally mounted on top of the brake MC hence the confusion)
Give it a go bleeding it and let us know how you get on.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Try a pressure bleeder/ezi bleed on it if you have one around
Thanks given by:
I'll put money on the slave. You'll have popped it when bleeding it up. Did it twice on my Astra!
Thanks given by:
Well i pressure bled it (vacuum in glass bottle method) still the same, if i open the bleed nipple in the box i can feel the slave drawing the hydraulic fluid but its just not getting there

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Normally if the slave is buggered you'll see the fluid dripping out the bottom of the box.. I'd go for master cylinder..
Thanks given by:
Bled it up no problems with a proper kit as opposed to the homemade one lol

Still having issues with 1st 2nd and reverse but have signed up to a vectra site now thanks for everyones help much appreciated Smile Smile

Current cars
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2004 Vectra 1.9cdti clutch fault!? Piggy 10 1,991 23-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  problem with Vauxhall Vectra 2.2diesel Elite Josh1994 34 11,458 29-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  Vectra MOT - Pass or Fail Toms306 31 6,747 24-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Toms306