Exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust
I hope someone can help me make my mind up, ive got a straight through pipe on her now with the mid to back box conversion. I like the sound, its not too noisy either. I would like to get more of a whistle out of the exhaust, what would be the best way, a straight through completely or put a 'performance' silencer in place of the backbox
Any ideas chaps?
Thanks
Matt
Thanks given by:
Complete straight through if you want a better whistle...
Thanks given by:
Won't it be really loud Tom?
Thanks given by:
Yes, but it'll whistle well! Tbh it wasn't too bad at idle, was loud when revved though.

Putting any sort of silencer in will 'bounce' the noise around and distort it. I've noticed a huge difference in whistle between a straight through turbo back, and a straight though cat back. Its much quieter and a lot less whistly with the cat in place, and a silencer will have the same effect, although not quite so much.
Thanks given by:
Man up, straight through
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had a 2.5 inch pipe from manifold bak to 4 inch bak box. Sounded realy good and whistled away. http://youtu.be/vm_KeHJLzXg

Chek out this video

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
That sounds good! What sort of back box is that? Or shall I just got straight through!?
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 07:19 AM)mattgreene Wrote: That sounds good! What sort of back box is that? Or shall I just got straight through!?

Well no backbox. Just a pipe the whole way sounds the best. And a 4 inch tip looks good, fills the cutout in the hdi bumper. Smile

(21-04-2014, 07:19 AM)mattgreene Wrote: That sounds good! What sort of back box is that? Or shall I just got straight through!?

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Well I've got a bit of 4 inch pipe from my tractor puller I'll use that then I recon thanks for the pictures
Thanks given by:
Hahah i want a video of that!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What of the tractor puller? I'll try and find one if you want
Thanks given by:
I meant the car with the 4" pipe lol. But hell yeah, the tractor puller too! Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok then lol I'll make it up and put a pic on here!
Thanks given by: