boost pipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost pipes
I was looking on ebay for boost pipes and come across flexible pipe and got thinking could I plumb the hole systen in using it or will it not hold the boost???
Thanks given by:
Got a link to the pipe in question? From my experience there is nowt out there which is suitable.
Thanks given by:
I cant link as im on my phone but on ebay I put 51mm boost pipe and it came up
Thanks given by:
is that the Black Flexi Pipe? i wouldn't personally use it it will not stand the heat or the pressure and it will constantly be splitting or bursting when the pipe gets older and starts the go hard.
Thanks given by:
Yeah good point matt just thought it could make for a very easy install you know! Im going to try and use as much 2 inch rubber hose as I can for the oem look
Thanks given by:
i like your thinking, it would be so easy if someone could come up with a product that could be used as boost pipes, and is flexible and be cut to length. but i wouldn't use this pipe for boost hoses, it would almost be worth trying and letting us know how you get on with it.
Thanks given by:
Matt am I right in thinking your using a megane cooler??? As ive got one coming so any pics of your install would be a huge help
Thanks given by:
yes mate i am, ok ill take some tomorrow but i need to change some pipe work round at some point tho, at least it will give u a idea tho.
Thanks given by:
Ive just had another look on ebay and mr silicone does flexible silicone pipe that I reckon will definitely work it says it will hold upto 13.5 bar and a max temp of 250 degreesiits 40 pounds a meter but I recone if it can be bended and to suit my piping route id save that from 90 bends
Thanks given by:
Theres a couple of poor pics on the last page of my project thread, linky VVV.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I couldnt see the pic of flexible boost pipes mate
Thanks given by:
I meant matt's megane intercooler install, and pics of when it was on mine i think.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diameter of boost pipes JJtheHITMAN 7 1,510 08-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Last Post: mcglynn