Heated mirror don't work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated mirror don't work?
I have noticed the heated mirror doesn't work on the passenger side. Anyone know how to fix?
Thanks given by:
I didn't know any still worked on 306s! lol

Its most likely the element behind the glass broken (same system as rear window), so new glass should fix it.
Thanks given by:
or the door loom is broken
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2014, 09:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I didn't know any still worked on 306s! lol

Its most likely the element behind the glass broken (same system as rear window), so new glass should fix it.

Driver side one works a treat. How much is the glass? I think I have another mirror knocking about somewhere, might nick it out of that one. Is it easy to remove?
Thanks given by:
Push the glass back at the top and look behind it at the bottom. You will see a small bit of metal wire. Jam a flat head screwdriver in there and pull it down and it will release a wire retaining clip. Then you can just gently use a flat head to pop the glass out of the mirror.

Before refitting, put the retaining clip back in otherwise the mirror will hit the floor first time you go over a bump lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nice one buddy :thumbs:
Thanks given by:
Same problem here. Some kid went by on a bike and knocked it. Always the first things to go on cars, well with me, anyway....if it isn't an MOT issue, I tend to leave it.
Thanks given by:
Quite the opposite to me then, I fix anything that don't work. Unless its very expensive or benefits vs effort = not worth it.
Thanks given by:
True HD - I just don't have the skills like you have and wish I did.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring diagram for heated seats bebic 0 1,565 28-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bebic
  electric / heated rx8 seats ash23 6 1,792 07-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ash23
  Heated Rear Window Relay Mark 6 1,516 05-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Last Post: cully