Help choosing a snack...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help choosing a snack...
Matt you should eat breakfast, starts your metabolism going so you burn more calories during the day and should feel better even if it's just a slice of toast.
Thanks given by:
I eat grapes if I'm a bit peckish in the morning, until the breakfast van turns up at work
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Vegetables, tom, eat as many as you like Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Actually, a lot of veg is bad for me, personally lol (and some others with IBS). So I tend to have a lot of fruit based things (not so much a piece of fruit) to make up for it.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 11:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Actually, a lot of veg is bad for me, personally lol (and some others with IBS). So I tend to have a lot of fruit based things (not so much a piece of fruit) to make up for it.

F**k sake Tom...! TMI
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2014, 08:54 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Cereal bars/breakfast biscuits are all well and good, but tend to be absolutely loaded with sugar, it only takes 15 minutes to make a bowl of cereal and eat it and you'd feel a fucktonne better for it.

I have a super fast metabolism and could technically eat what I want but tbh weight isn't the issue, if you eat shit it's bad for you regardless of your metabolism. I have sultana bran for breakfast, a varied lunch, with 2 pieces of fruit and 2 portions of veg, usually and then try to get 3 portions of veg in my dinner.

Also, careful of fruit as a snack, those who've suggested it, as it's crammed full of fructose, which is pretty bad for you so 2 portions a day is the recommended maximum.

No it's notHuh http://www.nhs.uk/change4life/Pages/five-a-day.aspx Seems people are always trying to cause an argument on this website.

(14-04-2014, 09:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Wait...fruits bad for you?

Is there anything that isn't bad for you in way or another though? lol

I agree Tom, it's stupid really, which is why I always try to just eat a balance because when it comes down to it every f*cking thing is "bad" for you. As long as you don't eat McDonalds or some such everyday you are fine TBH.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 04:12 PM)306Puggy Wrote: As long as you don't eat McDonalds or some such everyday you are fine TBH.

Damn, guess I'm f*cked then lmao
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 08:54 PM)306carter Wrote: Just stick a couple slices of bread in the toaster while you put your socks on, Lurpak brown sauce in some kitchen roll. Eat on on the road. That's my breakfast every day.

Same^^^^^^

Up at 4.30, 4 slices of toast in while I get ready (2 butter 2 jam), wrap in foil eat on 40 mile drive.
Also grab a banana for about 10ish. Smile
Thanks given by:
Pork scratchings and scotch eggs?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Breakfast biscuits didnt do it for me :/ might have to find some some quick cheapish and not boring cereal, or try cereal bars or nutrigrain bars or something
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
eh, can you make some sarnies before you go to bed?
Thanks given by:
Quiche is a pretty good breakfast Smile Last time I had it though I hit a pigoen which knocked the glass out my wing mirror lol Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 07:30 PM)Tom Wrote: Breakfast biscuits didnt do it for me :/ might have to find some some quick cheapish and not boring cereal, or try cereal bars or nutrigrain bars or something

Really? I pretty much live off them at weekends lol.

(15-04-2014, 09:05 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Quiche is a pretty good breakfast Smile Last time I had it though I hit a pigoen which knocked the glass out my wing mirror lol Smile

Is that related then? lol
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 04:12 PM)306Puggy Wrote: No it's notHuh http://www.nhs.uk/change4life/Pages/five-a-day.aspx Seems people are always trying to cause an argument on this website.

I'm sorry, but NHS changeforlife isn't a valid resource for information on nutrition. The 5-a-day programme was chosen as an attainable goal that most people might actually try to acheive. If you tell the populus they should be eating 5 portions of veg and 2 of fruit each day they'll tell you to f*ck off and continue eating the shite that they were already eating. Tell them to eat some combination of 5 fruit and veg and they might just try.

Recent research has shown that increasing that to 7 is a far better prospect, and many other countries already recommend this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26818377)

The fructose issue has been covered a LOT by nutritionists, at the end of the day fruit is VERY high in sugar (hence why it tastes so good) and the stuff people say about it being fine because it's 'natural sugar' is nonsense.

Glucose, as in the stuff in actual sugar, is also natural and in reality easier for the body to process, and yet we all know not to eat chocolate all day. Fruit is no different except that in small quantities the positive effects of the the vitamins present in fruit outweigh the negative effects of the fructose. It's also worth mentioning there that these vitamins are also present in abundant quantities in veg, without and Fructose, for example a potato has as much vitamin C in it as an orange.

I'll shut up now, but I'm really into nutrition, and my brother studied it at uni, so I've absorbed quite a lot of information about it over the years Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Well I quickly looked up an article after you posted that and the article stated that the fructose in fruit is a small amount and stored in the fibre so it gets released gradually as the fibre is digested. Edit: Here's the article:

http://authoritynutrition.com/is-fruit-g...ur-health/

I think it's fair to say that the jury is still out on this because are countless articles saying the opposite to the research you are quoting. But then I am not into nutrition or anything but there are always new theories coming out and it makes me sceptical. But then they are recommending 7 a day! Why if the fructose is so damaging?
Thanks given by:
Again to add to this, Belvita breakfast biscuits are alot nicer than the nutri grain ones. And im currently on bagel and breakfast biscuits seeing me through til breakfast which is nice. Just hate standing around waiting for the toaster lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Belvita chocolate breakfast biscuits ftmfw!

i hate breakfast with a passion, but eating these have stopped me from eating crap, helped contribute to a 3 and a half stone weight loss.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I had belvita milk and cereal flavour i think, mum gave them to me to try and they were real nice, much better than the chocolate nutrigrain ones i bought.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nutrigrain breakfast biscuits aren't that nice tbh, I much prefer the Belvita or McVites ones!
Thanks given by:
Bananas. The fastest conversion of food to energy.
Pesto on toast.
Big glug of water.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
Gotta say I think puggy was right about nutrition. Everything in moderation and then don't worry too much
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help choosing a CHEAP tablet! silverzx 10 2,672 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Help! No good at choosing :( David 22 2,896 13-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Dan!
  help with choosing locking wheel nuts kingy 20 3,643 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii