PP2000 ERROR SCREEN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP2000 ERROR SCREEN
Hi Lads,
installed pp2000 and mpps lead & software, all was going fine until I actually went to use it, go to open PP Office and I get the following error:

WARNING
It is not possible to start Peugeot Planet Office for the following reasons:
Peugeot Planet interface is not connected to the USB port of your PC,
Peugeot Planet interface is being used by another application.
Therefore, Peugeot Planet Interface must be connected to the PC and the other applications must be closed.

Regardless of whether the lead is plugged in or out, plugged in from boot up etc this message keeps coming up. The drivers for the lead are all installed correctly. running on windows XP. have searched online for the answer to this error and am yet to find an answer! Have already attempted reinstalling to try solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated! Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
when this error happens unplug the lead from the computer usb then go back and plug it in and try launching again it will work if you get the timing correct
Thanks given by:
Cheers for that, haven't managed it yet but will keep trying, is it only a window of a few seconds to get it right or what?
Thanks given by:
when it says you cant connect then unplug it then hit ok or back i cant remember the options, re insert it into the usb and then re try straight away, might take a few goes but it will work! its only happens sometimes, one of the joys of knock off software
Thanks given by:
Close the app, change the USB port your using and try again Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Still no joy, gonna keep trying!

Is this what it'l be like every time I wanna use it?!
Thanks given by:
It depends on the sfotware version, the firmware version and how much you paid for it to begin with, but no it should only happen occasionally
Thanks given by:
Is the driver definitely installed correctly?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
For the cable? Yeah well its working fine in the mpps program for read/writing?
Thanks given by:
mpps? Mine used to do this sometimes it was a bit temperamental but then again I was running XP on a virtual machine which didn't help matters i'm sure.

I used to boot up the virtual machine, then plug in the usb cable and wait for it to recognise it, then open PP.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Can you use the same cable for PP and MPPS then?

I know mine will only works in the usb I installed it on, but sounds like you've tried all of them lol.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 06:30 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: mpps? Mine used to do this sometimes it was a bit temperamental but then again I was running XP on a virtual machine which didn't help matters i'm sure.

I used to boot up the virtual machine, then plug in the usb cable and wait for it to recognise it, then open PP.

Tried running it through vmware and off an xp machine i commandeered from work reinstalled fresh, every possible combination of plugging in/out, starting pp, restarting etc! Yep its mpps!

(25-04-2014, 07:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Can you use the same cable for PP and MPPS then?

I know mine will only works in the usb I installed it on, but sounds like you've tried all of them lol.

i think so, I've been wrong before though!! Smile
Thanks given by:
Have you actually bought a PP2k cable or are you trying to use the MPPS cable with PP2k software?

Does your cable look like this

[Image: Peugeot%20Planet%202000.gif]
Thanks given by:
Managed to sort it- sent back cable & got a replacement, arrived this morning, here's hoping the bloody thing works now!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is that my rear screen heater button? cheapo 10 2,237 08-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Last Post: cheapo
  Heated rear screen Orta 8 2,180 27-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Orta
Sad ECU error xpto20 0 868 20-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: xpto20