A few faults.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few faults.....
Basically my heated rear screen isn't working, when I push the button in, it will light up, but it won't 'click in' as such? Fuse is fine!?

Also, electric mirrors, changed fuse and switch, still not working? Is it the loom in the door do you think? How easy is this to repair?

And lastly, I've just put a standard steering wheel on, instead of the boss and 'racing wheel' that was already on the car, the indicators won't self cancel?

A few minor things but was hoping if someone has had these issues they can enlighten me a bit more? So I can get straight to the source of the problem! Thanks guys.
Thanks given by:
hi dude.....welcome to the club!!

door "looms " are repairable as I've repaired a really bodged one on the drivers door............

l/h/s elec mirror stopped working ( so I knew it did used to work Cool ) r/h/side speaker worked sometimes as well as the drivers door window............

carefully stripped back the "loom" to expose the wires.....was easy to find the broken ones for me as they where staring me in the face.........cut back to good wire and tinned, made up repair lengths of wire and soldered ( slide the heat shrink onto the wire BEFORE you solder etc ) .......

space to stuff the extra length behind the door pillar gaiter....there seem lots of room in there.....why didn't they make that bit of the wiring a replacement part?? the gaiter is easy to gently compress and slide out, same easy to slide back.......

I used old style soldering iron heated on a camping gas stove..........no fear of frying computer stuff..........belt and braces.....

some terminals where bad and green inside the plug, so cleaned and protected with stuff similar to wd40 but cheaper........

I used the wife as the assistant........HeartBlush

heated rear window......on mine the orange relay top right in the fuse box is the rear heated window relay.......still no idea which fuse tho.......maybe you could help me there.......which is fuse 15?? etc......

if the relay clicks when the switch is pressed then at least that bit is working.....you say its more of a switch issue insomuch that it don't stay in??

I will be having an inquest into the rear heated window issue soon, like which wire is the live feed and whioch is the earth, as the 2 wires are on different sides....will have to undo some trim and see under headlining..........hope it gunna be simple......

just been to the wiring diagram section found in "guides......page 3? .......thanks niall..................earth points diagram suggest that nthe heated rear window earth wire will be the one on the lefty hand side, meaning the wire on the right hand side is the live feed to the heated window..........when I tested it for continuity ( the heater element) all seemed good but what is the elements "resistance" please??
Thanks given by:
Heated rear window switch is 'momentary' type so doesn't click in as such (like the hazard switch) if it's illuminated then it's indicating the circuit is on. It's a timed circuit rather than something you switch on and off.

Steering wheel should have a locating 'lug' which is there to cancel the indicators. Did it work when it had the aftermarket boss/wheel on?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth Points and Electrical Faults Lew_Derv_T 17 6,970 19-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post: nick000