has road tax gone up ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has road tax gone up ??
has the road tax gone up and what by, and what would 1998 d turbo s be now? would be helpful if anyone knew.
Thanks given by:
Yup gone up. Now we pay more for worse roads

Its all up on direct.gov.uk
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thanks gonna look now
Thanks given by:
It goes up a few £ every year

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables
Thanks given by:
f*ck sakes, gone up by 3quid!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
£3 not that bad, but roads round my way are like endurance tracks that's what pisses me off dodging potholes all day!!
Thanks given by:
Me too...
Its not just the B roads etc, main A roads through the area are mostly down to the lower surface now.
Rattling my car to bits
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A years tax must be worth more than a phase1 these days tbh. lol
Thanks given by:
£126.50 I think mine was. Mate just spent £150+ on a 106 GTI ?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
How olds the 106? It'll be £230 a year if its before Y reg!
Thanks given by:
I hate to be the guy that says this but no one pays road tax anymore. It's vehicle excise duty. Just a tax so you can drive. The money to fix a repair roads cones from everyone who works and pays tax. Which makes it even worse as there is more money to be spent!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 06:15 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: I hate to be the guy that says this but no one pays road tax anymore.

Quite true, this also hasn't been the case since 1937, so some time indeed!
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 09:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How olds the 106? It'll be £230 a year if its before Y reg!

Y reg
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, never buy a Y reg thirsty petrol!

106 GTi on a Y is £285 a year! Or £156 for 6 months. Same band as a Y reg '6 lol.
Thanks given by:
Same ^^^ as I pay for my 05 plate 300+ hp scooby lol!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the K band is the highest it goes to so just anything that's killing the o-zone layer post 2001 haha.
Thanks given by:
How I found out?
Had the renewal on me on. Didn't have my docs. Figured if I went they'd only ask for them just because I didn't have them.
So went in the next day, happened to be the 1st, so even tho the renewal said 225, I had to pay 230.

For 23 year old car on a 2500mile policy. It takes the piss.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 06:15 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: I hate to be the guy that says this but no one pays road tax anymore. It's vehicle excise duty. Just a tax so you can drive. The money to fix a repair roads cones from everyone who works and pays tax. Which makes it even worse as there is more money to be spent!

Hate to be the one who say this but: All tax goes to the government, no matter if it is VED, beer tax, fag tax, council tax . . . it all goes to them. From there, they first of all dish it out to those "ringfenced" causes, foreign aid, the eu and MPs pensions being the first to get the money.

Ask yourselves this: Why should we give £1,000,000,000 a month to foreign aid when it is not accounted for? All that does is make rich dictaors in poor countries richer. Why should we give the eu so £55,000,000 every day? All that does is make them want more and more every single day. Then of course, there are the pensions for MPs. Do some research and ask yourselves why should someone get so much money for so little.
Thanks given by:
council tax goes to the council...
Thanks given by:
Council are government (the public sector).
Thanks given by: