alarm siren

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alarm siren
does anybody know if the alarm siren can be disconnected as mine was going off while driving home last night, and i couldn't get it to go off.
thanks in advance for any answers.
Thanks given by:
Yes.
It is a black box in the passenger wheel-arch near the horns. I think you can just unplug it. It's quite uncommon that they actually still work. On 3 306s my current one is the only one that does.

I'd say the problem is likely to be faulty ultrasonics (the detectors in the a-pillars).
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
17 years old and siren still working. Smile

The button on the right hand side of the steering column should be able to disable the ultrasonics by the way, just remembered.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
How do you test the alarm btw? Open windows, lock doors and shake the car? Intrigued as to whether mine works now, don't want it going off during the night!
Thanks given by:
Lock with key fob, unlock with key I think will set it off no?

Or sit inside car, and lock it with fob, then manual unlock/open door
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 08:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: Lock with key fob, unlock with key I think will set it off no?

Or sit inside car, and lock it with fob, then manual unlock/open door

This. Also, the ultrasonics only kick in after about a minute i think so you will have to wait a while before it will go off with you moving inside it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok will try it out then. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ultrasonics work straight away nial. Before I changed battery on the 6 my alarm kept kicking in and it was soon as you opened door.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 08:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How do you test the alarm btw? Open windows, lock doors and shake the car? Intrigued as to whether mine works now, don't want it going off during the night!

Disconnect battery, reconnect battery, sit in car and lol as it assumes it is being stolen. They are bloody loud though if they do work.

Interestingly on Ph.1s you can put your PIN into the keypad and start the car and drive off anyway as the immobiliser is solely controlled by the keypad, at least that's true for '6s.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Sod to turn off though as we all found when my ph1 went off when stripping it...taking battery off wont stop it...so make sure your fob works...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you remove the battery from mine it cuts out again...
Weird actually given that the siren has its own batteries, at least it does on later phases.

Hope that's not another buggered up bit of wiring.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Id love to have a keypad pin again! Was a pain but so cool! :-D strangely enough mine was my birth year 1991. Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alarm. Paulb306 0 1,092 20-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paulb306
  alarm box John1.4 12 3,715 20-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  rf key fob alarm pug306driver 0 894 28-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pug306driver