Which Hdi Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Hdi Turbo
I will soon be replacing my turbo as its kicking out blue smoke when left to idle. I haven't looked to see what turbo i currently have.

From my understanding it will either be a Ko3 or gt15.

Car is an X reg 2000 DturboHDi

Can i buy either turbo or should i replace like for like?

If it doesn't need to be like for like what would the better choice be?

Running standard map currently, i have though about going stage one but its a daily driver and MPG is important.

I will be removing the engine so i can change the manifold if need be.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

John
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
About time!! Chuck either on there mate, there's very little between them.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Stg1 map may see better mpgs bud Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 map WILL see gains in MPG. I went from getting 450 to a tank to getting 550 to a tank.

Also you get 125bhp as apposed to 90bhp and 200lb ft as apposed to 158lb ft. What a transformation, you will feel more confident to overtake and get enjoyment out of driving the car.

For info on what the tune does read this:

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...uning.html

I have no affiliation to this company but like the write up. There are better/cheaper guys on this Forum.

In terms of turbo i would go for like for like unless you are planning to go stage 2 tune.
Thanks given by:
Hdi tuning is pro steve on here. He comes very highly recommended from myself and others. As said though, there may be someone closer/more suitable for you.

If your confident in dropping the engine out i would recommend it. More time but less stress imo.

Id also recommend removing your egr while youve got the engine out.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fozzy knows what he's doing lads, been around a few years more than you lot and has owned and maintained mapped hdis before. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 05:29 AM)Poodle Wrote: About time!! Chuck either on there mate, there's very little between them.

Ok off to the bay unless you have anything usefull......

(02-04-2014, 07:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: Stg1 map may see better mpgs bud Smile

My old HDi i was mapped but was an old old Mr whippy map and i have managed up to 53mpg on the standard 90bhp although slightly boring to drive in comparison

(02-04-2014, 10:29 AM)HD-Aye! Wrote: Stage 1 map WILL see gains in MPG. I went from getting 450 to a tank to getting 550 to a tank.

Also you get 125bhp as apposed to 90bhp and 200lb ft as apposed to 158lb ft. What a transformation, you will feel more confident to overtake and get enjoyment out of driving the car.

For info on what the tune does read this:

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...uning.html

I have no affiliation to this company but like the write up. There are better/cheaper guys on this Forum.

In terms of turbo i would go for like for like unless you are planning to go stage 2 tune.

Stage 2 would be too far for me as if im honest i wouldn't need the power and if i had it i wouldn't control my right foot.

(02-04-2014, 11:32 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: Hdi tuning is pro steve on here. He comes very highly recommended from myself and others. As said though, there may be someone closer/more suitable for you.

If your confident in dropping the engine out i would recommend it. More time but less stress imo.

Engine is most definitely coming out as i will be changing cambelt and clutch at same time, and no doubt we welding the top engine mount cradle.

(02-04-2014, 12:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: Fozzy knows what he's doing lads, been around a few years more than you lot and has owned and maintained mapped hdis before. Wink

Ive owned them but never actually mapped one. Im more familiar with petrols. Thanks for thinking i know what im doing, i just guess and hope for the best .........
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha you know your way round a 306 for sure, you're one of the few i'd trust to work on mine. Hint hint lol. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 11:32 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: Hdi tuning is pro steve on here. He comes very highly recommended from myself and others. As said though, there may be someone closer/more suitable for you.

Oh shizer I thought the site looked familiar. I got my map of pro steve way before he even had a website. So ok.. I recommend him too Shy
Thanks given by:
I saw over 65mpg on a poor stage 1 map on a long boring motorway trip. They are well worth it.

I have one of each turbo sat in the garage. Garrett from my old 180k engine £30, kkk from a 60k engine £60. Plus postage. Both on manifolds but you would need to reuse your old oil feed.
Thanks given by:
Steve should be able to make you a stage 1 specifically tailored for maximising mpg on your commute, that's what we were experimenting with a couple of years back.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The stage 1 remap sounds tempting with the higher MPG, but ive always thought its obviously going to put more stress on the engine therefore your engine wont last as long
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unless theres a pre existing fault with your engine or you plan on running your car to over hslf a million miles i highly doubt you will notice any negative effects from running a stage 1.
Thanks given by:
X reg for me
Thanks given by: