Smoke on boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoke on boost
Oh the max travel screw, thats fine. Mine hasn't got either.

See my questions about the LDA?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
That wants a bit more fuel, then a bit more boost....then a bit more fuel....then a bit more boost.

My vote is LDA jams.
Remove the lda spring and do another video
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 08:53 PM)Anton Wrote: Oh the max travel screw, thats fine. Mine hasn't got either.

See my questions about the LDA?

Yeah, that's the one.

Sorry no, I didn't. It's ground apparently, I haven't touched it though. I can take it a part but I don't really know what I'm looking at... Just the little I've read about it. Matt also has a standard one I could try. What would you recommend?

(31-03-2014, 08:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: That wants a bit more fuel, then a bit more boost....then a bit more fuel....then a bit more boost.

My vote is LDA jams.
Remove the lda spring and do another video

Doesn't want any more boost...

I'll have a read up as I'm not sure what to do with all that. I don't know how the LDA works fully to understand it, I just know the basics. I'll have to do some more reading. But from what I've seen, it doesn't affect fuel off boost?

Only way I can think of it in my head, is that it's compensating for too much boost? For instance it's chucking in 25psi worth of fuel but it doesn't have enough air... But I don't know lol.
Thanks given by:
Can you not take the pump/turbo back to std and start again? Apologies but looking at it from a simple perspective Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Not really, I don't know where standard is. I still don't think it's a simple fueling issue.
Thanks given by:
Have you checked all hoses for leaks/splits etc

Thanks given by:
No leaks or spits, says on pg1 Smile we've double checked the lot
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thats not really alot of smoke, i was imagining plumes in my head. I say get an mbc to rule out wastegate creep...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That's a stumper bet it will be obvious answer though lol

Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 10:38 PM)Tom Wrote: Thats not really alot of smoke, i was imagining plumes in my head. I say get an mbc to rule out wastegate creep...

It's more than it should be on boost, no? I can't afford to get a MBC, but boost doesn't drop at any point.
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 03:52 PM)Curt Wrote:
(31-03-2014, 10:54 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: you could just disconnect the boost hose from the top of the lda to rule it out if you want.

Might be being daft, but wouldn't that create a rather bad boost leak and cause an issue itself?

meh, block up the line you take off with something

it'd it'd certainly stop it tipping any more fuel in on boost, and if you're not smoking when not on boost then it'd rule it out no?

its only a whisp (by some standards) anyway :p
Thanks given by:
Your LDA is just adding to much fuel for a stock turbo..prove it by removing and bung LDA hose (will be gutless) if it stops the smoke I'd go back to a standard LDA and keep upping the max fuel until you get smoke.. Most likely off boost this time first...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ah, gotcha, cheers guys Smile. I'll see how I get on today. It seems that most of you wouldn't be bothered by that amount then? Haha.
Thanks given by:
I would, i hate coaling, makes cars look f*cked. That is just a wisp by some standards aha Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I don't think the video really shows how bad it is... I bypassed it to confirm earlier and it did just that, so will get the LDA swapped for a standard one when I can.
Thanks given by:
Wahooooo!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I got a standard LDA in me draw if you need one?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer but Matt's said I can use his spare Smile.
Thanks given by:
glad to hear you sorted it, you could just turn your modified one around for the time being if you want
Thanks given by:
Good idea that! I'll have a look at some point.
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind, this hasn't been driven much at all:

[attachment=14904]
Thanks given by:
Good to hear you sorted it!

Never thought a LDA pin could make so much difference to fueling.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smoke off boost Iaitoo 9 2,717 24-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,956 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Dturbo smoke on boost that bad? daveylennon93 4 1,343 14-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Last Post: daveylennon93