water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water
hi dudes.....the well on the wiper motor side under the bonnet was half full of water caused by a few old leafs blocking the drain hole...........cleaned out all the crap etc and confident it not gunna happen again........but

how good is the seal arrangement for the bulk head electrical "box"............the water may have got in and that's why I'm having alarm troubles????????

in your experience, is the "box" seal good and no water would have got in side??

this is the thru bulk head electrical connection "box"........of 2 halfs and bolted together.......

your experience greatly appreciated........pleaseHeart
Thanks given by:
I've never had any problems with water in there and it is quite a crucial drain point.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to get it open and get some water dispersing solution on it and check the contacts for corrosion.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
yes water will go in there i had the same problem
you will have issues with the windscreen wipermotor too as that fills up and siezes, strip down clean out motor befor it hapens will help
Thanks given by:
PCB cleaner also works really well for anything electrical that looks like it got dredged up from the titanic...
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
there was quite a bit of water trapped in that area which draioned when I removed the old leaves and crap...........crap seems to have collected under neath stuff and moved due to all the rain we had.......the water level was quite high and may have got into the bulkhead connection block...........so will remove the wipers and get to the block and check for water ingress and corrosion etc.........in stitch in time etc......will also check wiper motor..............that's next weeks bag of sweets...todays are the rear brakes again...........

a pcb cleaner?? will clean mas airflow sensor with out buggering it??
Thanks given by:
pcb cleaner... it comes in a spray can from maplin or the like... its fairly cheap.

Contact cleaner would do fine as well...

Spray the area liberally then brush it clean with an old (or new and cheap) toothbrush.

Regarding the mass air flow.... it would prolly be fine but i don't want to commit as I don't know how it works....
Thanks given by: