Re-fitting dials

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-fitting dials
Just realised after changing the bulbs that the speedo and rev rounters are not zero'd...will they automatically reset when put back in the car? Or do I need to zero them beforehand?
Thanks given by:
They will self calibrate when you plug them in but the fuel and temp won't so they both need to be correct (which it looks like your fuel needle is well out but thankfully not the wrong way so you will run out without knowing lol)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2014, 09:44 PM)Niall Wrote: They will self calibrate when you plug them in but the fuel and temp won't so they both need to be correct (which it looks like your fuel needle is well out but thankfully not the wrong way so you will run out without knowing lol)

Well I brimmed it yesterday, so a FULL tank atm, so what can you suggest to rectify this..? Coz the fuel gauge drops to this when the engine is turned off anyway?
Thanks given by:
Hold on, so all you did was replace the bulbs from behind? There should be no reason for the needles to be wrong if you haven't taken the needles off
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2014, 10:26 PM)Connor Wrote: Hold on, so all you did was replace the bulbs from behind? There should be no reason for the needles to be wrong if you haven't taken the needles off

Yes correct, but made the mistake of laying it down on its front (with no plastics on the front (as am re-spraying them tomorrow)) so am assuming that this could have moved the needles..? I was stupid enough to not look at needle postions prior to starting, but didnt think to as I wasnt removing them...
Thanks given by:
Nope, if you haven't taken the needles off they will be fine...
Thanks given by:
Well in the end it turned out that the fuel gauge had done a complete turn, so once I span it back round it was fine.
Although I had to take the needles off in the end anyway, to scub off the yellow filter from the dials, but I made sure I marked up the needle positions correctly before removing lol! All is well now its back together.
Thanks given by: