Running too cold?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running too cold?
When i made the trip to Ace the other night, i happened to notice that at no point during the journey did my temp gauge rise above 70 degrees.

Now i'm sure i recall someone saying the most economic temperature for an xud to be running at is higher than that...anyone shed any light on fact/fiction, and what i might be able to do to remedy this?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mines at 70 constantly. Think my thermostat is stuck open. Previous two ran 90 or just a tad higher. Will check stat tomorrow possibly as rads off anyway.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Its suppose to run at 82 or something, i'd start with a new genuine stat.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it should be around 80 normally, should go up to around 90 when hooning, well thats what mine have been like
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats what i thought, but even giving the old girl some stick on the m25 on the way home, not a flicker from the gauge, sat just below 70 the whole time. Dodgy

Might try replacing the stat...see if that makes any difference. Figured this could be the reason im returning such lousy emmpeegeez, currently at ~380 miles to about 3/4 tank. Sad
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I see 79/80 all the time.

Reaches 83/84 when hooning, at which point stat opens and keeps it there.

Something aint right.. Stat would be my bet too Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
it's the stat 99.9% mate . . . common problem . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Had the same problem changed stat today and spot on Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
when sat in stationary traffic anyone know what temp the electric fan should kick in at? usually mine runs fine just past 80 on the temp gauge but sat in traffic the other day it was creeping up.
Thanks given by:
Cuts in just past 90 iirc
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
92c low speed and 98c high speed iirc.

As for watching the dash gauge, it might be wrong. Have been driving with my handheld diag machine last couple of days and noticed the temp gauge stops about 70c, when the engine is actually at 80c.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold weather veg running? HDIkyle 16 3,009 29-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31