I know this is an old subject now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know this is an old subject now
But if I buy a mpps do I need it with the cd and what the cheapest and works....
Got to love it when you have no ideaDodgy
Thanks given by:
You only really need the cable itself, the drivers are all that's on the CD usually and they can be downloaded.

Avoid the ones being sold with maps included - the included map files are liable to be poor at best and to brick (kill) the ECU at worst. Get a map from someone on here that knows what they're doing - Jammapic, Pro_Steve, or Mr_Whippy.

I'm pretty sure all the clone MPPS cables on eBay etc come from the same source in China so I doubt it matters too much where you buy them from - I'd suggest buying from the UK to avoid import tax and so its easy to return if it's faulty, but otherwise, buy from whoever is cheapest at the time.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 05:22 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You only really need the cable itself, the drivers are all that's on the CD usually and they can be downloaded.

Avoid the ones being sold with maps included - the included map files are liable to be poor at best and to brick (kill) the ECU at worst. Get a map from someone on here that knows what they're doing - Jammapic, Pro_Steve, or Mr_Whippy.

I'm pretty sure all the clone MPPS cables on eBay etc come from the same source in China so I doubt it matters too much where you buy them from - I'd suggest buying from the UK to avoid import tax and so its easy to return if it's faulty, but otherwise, buy from whoever is cheapest at the time.

So I just get the cable and and done but where do I get the driver from mate

Ok guys what is the connector I need to plug into car ob2 or elms or what ever on a hdi 1999
Thanks given by:
I've yet to see one that isn't being sold with the driver tbh, but if you get stuck I uploaded the MPPS v13.02 driver for someone else yesterday here.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Well got the cable coming and paid for remap so stage 1+ coming Friday lol
Thanks given by:
Software driver and instructions available on my website, might come in handy. The tools are all the same, I would use V12.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 06:19 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Software driver and instructions available on my website, might come in handy. The tools are all the same, I would use V12.

Cheers Steve as always great help and powerandtorque rep going to both of you
Thanks given by: