• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
Finally sorted then, good work!
Thanks given by:
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssss this needs updating Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
So how did the steering UJ feel? Was it just a few mm play in the bearings in all directions?
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2017, 09:22 AM)Eeyore Wrote: So how did the steering UJ feel? Was it just a few mm play in the bearings in all directions?

The wheel moved probably about 50mm off the centre each way without actually moving the wheels so pretty shit to drive as everything just feels loose. Like driving any British Leyland car from the 70s lol. 

All the rubber stuff in the joint had come out so it was all swivelling freely in the gap until you turned it far enough around to make contact
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Oh wow it's been a long time since I was last active on here. 
Anyway thought I'd update what's been going on since the death of photobucket. 
I still haven't fitted the throttle bodies or even got around to changing the wobbly steering column but I haven't abandoned the project! 

I'm currently designing a new aluminium radiator in preparation for the jenveys, essentially making a 205 rad but the exact size i want and with appropriate mounting brackets. Possibly make a remote header tank to save some space too but I'll see how it works out when I order the core.
I still need a better power steering solution as the saxo pump doesn't quite have enough assistance for my liking. The diff makes it a bit too grabby if one wheel loses traction. Looking to relocate a 306 mechanical pump but I'll make my own reservoir as I hate the standard plastic one on the inner wing. 

Plans over winter are to get it on the ramp finally, change the bits mentioned above, fit my lightweight flywheel and a new clutch, might change the gearbox while I'm at it as mine has an occasional 2nd gear crunch, fit a satchshift kit, and before I put it back on the road again it will be running on itb's

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
those pug1off brakes look sick! Theyre 16" TDs right? And why did you fit the discs that way round? Was that the recommended direction?
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2017, 08:54 PM)Eeyore Wrote: those pug1off brakes look sick! Theyre 16" TDs right? And why did you fit the discs that way round? Was that the recommended direction?

Yeah man 16 wheels, although l feel another wheel change before it comes back out on the road next year. 

That is the way the rotors are meant to be, I know it doesn't look right but the groove skims the pad and expels dust outwards with centrifugal force. Look at bmw or something where the caliper is on the other side of the disc and the grooves will still be going through the caliper the same way as mine
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Can't stand grooves that way lol

Doesn't make sense at all, surely will expell in not out?!

Look sweet though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2017, 09:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: Can't stand grooves that way lol

Doesn't make sense at all, surely will expell in not out?!

Look sweet though!

The vanes inside the disc go the opposite way to the grooves on the face, plus they have directional arrows on them new Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Just my OCD hating....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I enjoyed the relevant video
But it seems a really hot topic on most car forums about grooved disc orientation lmao tarox seem to provide the best answer with a disc cutaway diagram on their website somewhere from when I was looking for a definitive answer
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Video tells you everything you need to know tbh.

So, did I miss the throttle bodies being installed or... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2017, 04:50 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Video tells you everything you need to know tbh.

So, did I miss the throttle bodies being installed or... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently debating whether it's a good idea to remove the inlet manifold in the interest of throttle bodies or not. I do need to get them on so I can measure up for a radiator though
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

I did a thing
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dang them brakes...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: