Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
Had a big clean of the remaining underside and engine bay today, not much progress in getting it closer to being roadworthy but I'm waiting for parcels and for things to be powder coated so ideal time for cleaning the bits that never recieve attention. 

First job, removed all the heatshields, primed and painted then undersealed the exhaust tunnel again as it was getting a bit scabby and while I was there, made a big improvement to the shitty little studs that always snap when you try to take the shields off. Studs drilled out, replaced with rivnuts. Way better, just attach the shields with stainless caphead bolts now. 

Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ideal that ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Couple more jobs done today:

New aux belt route complete with new crank pulley. Used a slightly modified hdi cambelt tensioner 

106 power steering pump cleaned up and fitted with the ends off the 306 lines. Can't decide where to fit it yet though 

Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
An exciting parcel arrived today :Smile

Order new Crown wheel bolts, bearings and seals from Peugeot tomorrow
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
What lsd is that?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 07:35 AM)puglove Wrote: What lsd is that?

3j :Smile

My order from Peugeot should be here by tomorrow morning ready to fit over the weekend Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ordered a few bits from the Peugeot dealers (£144 lighter!)  and I'll be ready to fit the 3j 

I'm aiming to just get the car back together now in time for pugfest which probably means that it won't be on throttle bodies by then as I'm quickly running out of time and funds to do that by next month, but at least everything should be ready just to bolt the physical jenveys on once I get chance to book a mapping session and a few more parts
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 09:41 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Ordered a few bits from the Peugeot dealers (£144 lighter!)  and I'll be ready to fit the 3j 

I'm aiming to just get the car back together now in time for pugfest which probably means that it won't be on throttle bodies by then as I'm quickly running out of time and funds to do that by next month, but at least everything should be ready just to bolt the physical jenveys on once I get chance to book a mapping session and a few more parts

£144? what the heck did you pick up from the stealers?

Bodies4Pugfest or gtfo

xx
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 10:37 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 09:41 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Ordered a few bits from the Peugeot dealers (£144 lighter!)  and I'll be ready to fit the 3j 

£144? what the heck did you pick up from the stealers?

Bodies4Pugfest or gtfo

xx

Both bearings, the bearing run things that they insert into (the ones that came off the standard diff are slightly worn)  both driveshaft seals, Crown wheel bolts, gear oil and the rubber o ring that goes between the diff and the speedo drive housing. 

All that +vat = £ra*e
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ohhh i feel your pain.... i got my diff in bits atm and im heading to fcs tomorrow lol Rofl

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Bit of a pain regarding the subframe that I seam welded, basically it's the early type with different captive nut threads and various other bits different, so easier than trying to get new bolts and all that farcing about I just welded up the subframe off the car originally. Had the foresight to have it shotblasted and dipped first this time but even that didn't get all of the crap out of the seams, but still a lot nicer to weld than my previous attempt 

Drop it off to be coated along with a load more bits when I can
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks really good that mate. I had the same issue with bolts and spacers :'(
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 10:11 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks really good that mate. I had the same issue with bolts and spacers :'(

Such a nuisance isn't it. Seems to be no order to what subframe you get on what car either
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 10:18 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:11 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks really good that mate. I had the same issue with bolts and spacers :'(

Such a nuisance isn't it. Seems to be no order to what subframe you get on what car either

probably is that aorund the p2/3 mark. This explains how ive broken 2 captive bolts in the past!
Thanks given by:
Just Peugeot design lol
Thanks given by:
Another piece of the puzzle turned up the other day 

Having seen previous results from other builds, catalytic converters and throttle bodies don't mix :lmao

Just need to sort out a replacement mid section to sort the exhaust now
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
You need to look up the word "imminent"

Tongue

C'mon... Hop to it...pugfest is soon!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
cats with bodies work fine, you just need a decent mapper, a wideband and good ecu software.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2016, 08:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: You need to look up the word "imminent"

Tongue

C'mon... Hop to it...pugfest is soon!

I'm trying but people keep coming to me with work aha. It's not looking like it'll be on bodies by pugfest as I simply don't have the hours between now and July to spend fiddling with throttle linkages and that sort of thing aswell as getting it booked in for mapping and all the other things that I'd need to do like new fuel lines etc. It'll be on bodies this year, just not as soon as I hoped Sad

At least I'll be able to get the most out of the new chassis upgrades with standard power and a 3j diff Wink

(09-06-2016, 09:55 PM)welshpug Wrote: cats with bodies work fine, you just need a decent mapper, a wideband and good ecu software.

I'll see how I get on with the decat, can always re-cat it once it's together and running aha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
no need to fiddle, just bolt them on and get your mapper to balance them.

junk the silly linkage and get a pq2 lever, make a very simple outer cable stop, job done.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 06:32 PM)welshpug Wrote: no need to fiddle, just bolt them on and get your mapper to balance them.

junk the silly linkage and get a pq2 lever, make a very simple outer cable stop, job done.

Ah that's a very good shout. The standard linkage is a bit of a pain just from putting them together on the bench
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
have a look at my project thread, few pics on there.
Thanks given by:
After a while being too busy to even get to the unit, I managed a few hours on the 6 today. 

Cleaned up the heatshields as putting them back on in their current state would look shit against the newly painted underside 

Fitted new bearings on the diff 

Ground the casing and gearbox slightly where the 3j catches 

Tomorrow I'll fit the diff properly now that I've looked up all the bolt torques and just waiting for the subframe to come back and I can get it back on 4 wheels and basically ready for pugfest Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Why is it not direct fit? Or just standard to grind that out?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
diff body is slightly bigger due to the construction dimensions so housing needs slight relif

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
it varies, ive fitted a 3j into 4 different casings and none needed work, fitted a quaife into 3 different cases and only 1 needed work.
Thanks given by:
As mei says, depends entirely on the casting but seems that the majority of be3 boxes need a little bit grinding out where the 3j just catches. It's only a very slight rub but wouldn't want that when it's spinning at engine speeds
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Refreshed heat shields back on 

Diff refitted with new seals and torqued up 

Waiting for some friction modifier to arrive now
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah very pretty, but, Jenvys?
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2016, 12:30 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah very pretty, but, Jenvys?

Not happening this side of pugfest lol, it's going to be a enough of a hurry just getting it back together in time
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: