THE_Liam's Mercedes thread - New Benz!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam's Mercedes thread - New Benz!
(25-08-2014, 08:37 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(25-08-2014, 07:48 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Have a look at AMG Penta alloys, they came on a few of the AMG models in the 80s and suit a W201 if they're done right.

Yeah they do, and I love them but the cheapest I've found so far were £400 needing new tyres and a refurb. There's a 16 inch set on eBay just now for £949 lol

worth more than the car aren't they? :-p
JP
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 09:44 AM)jammapic Wrote:
(25-08-2014, 08:37 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(25-08-2014, 07:48 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Have a look at AMG Penta alloys, they came on a few of the AMG models in the 80s and suit a W201 if they're done right.

Yeah they do, and I love them but the cheapest I've found so far were £400 needing new tyres and a refurb. There's a 16 inch set on eBay just now for £949 lol

worth more than the car aren't they? :-p
The £949 ones are yeah. If I was going to sell this I'd ask about £800.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Thats ridiculous price for wheels. That said I looked ad the bentley wheels all the VAG FAGs want and they are about £300 a set without tyres.
Thanks given by:
Picking these up tomorrow. Polished finish needs going over again, gonna take them to the DT rooms at the school that my mate is caretaker of on Sunday and polish them up on the bench polisher Big Grin

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1223854393
Thanks given by:
Should look pretty G. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
You gonna start selling drugs too, liam? Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 10:02 AM)jammapic Wrote: You gonna start selling drugs too, liam? Smile
Start?
Thanks given by:
So new wheels...

[Image: 9474a0e7d7e09df21c7807eb67f9007c.jpg]

[Image: 0f3e4f7b79de36966ae50c036c22a178.jpg]

[Image: 24ee2e30e5e7a75a0002eec75c414345.jpg]

15x7 with polished rims which are quite badly corroded. Painted centres aren't too bad, so to start with I'm going to sand down the corrosion and polish them up on the bench grinder Smile
Thanks given by:
Depending how quick you want them on I'll have my shot blast cabinet up and ready in a few weeks

Get them down to bare metal give them a proper refurb
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Shame they are only 15"s as they'd look boss in 16" or 17"
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 01:07 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Depending how quick you want them on I'll have my shot blast cabinet up and ready in a few weeks

Get them down to bare metal give them a proper refurb
That would be amazing man, could I use it? Will supply beer obviously lol
Thanks given by:
Wheels look pukka mate. Can't wait to see them fitted Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If you're going to polish them, don't blast them. I polished a set of BBS that had been blasted, took forever to rub them flat..
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 04:44 PM)disco stu Wrote: If you're going to polish them, don't blast them. I polished a set of BBS that had been blasted, took forever to rub them flat..
Think I'm just going to go for a nice flat matte silver if Danny can blast them for me. I'm a lazy fucker lol
Thanks given by:
Ways round that

Yea I'll let you know when it's done mate got compressor and spray gun too if you want to splash some paint on

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Welded the diff yet!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 08:27 AM)silverzx Wrote: Welded the diff yet!?
Never gonna happen, its a f*cking stupid and dangerous thing to do. Plus, drifting bores me. Don't get the recent craze for it, my old man was doing that in a 3 litre Capri in the 80's except then it was just called "dicking about".
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 08:51 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Never gonna happen, its a f*cking stupid and dangerous thing to do. Plus, drifting bores me. Don't get the recent craze for it, my old man was doing that in a 3 litre Capri in the 80's except then it was just called "dicking about".

Exactly, don't fancy having a dick about? Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 09:12 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 08:51 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Yeah but I can do that now and again with an open diff, without making the car shit to drive normally and dangerous. What if a lump of weld breaks off and jams the diff halfway through a bend on the motorway at 70mph? To be fair people act like it's impossible to slide a car with an open diff, which it isn't. People will do anything to fit in with the crowd, that's part of the reason I dislike "drift culture".
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 09:27 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 09:12 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 08:51 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Never gonna happen, its a f*cking stupid and dangerous thing to do. Plus, drifting bores me. Don't get the recent craze for it, my old man was doing that in a 3 litre Capri in the 80's except then it was just called "dicking about".

Yeah but I can do that now and again with an open diff, without making the car shit to drive normally and dangerous. What if a lump of weld breaks off and jams the diff halfway through a bend on the motorway at 70mph? To be fair people act like it's impossible to slide a car with an open diff, which it isn't. People will do anything to fit in with the crowd, that's part of the reason I dislike "drift culture".

Easy tiger, no drift culture has been mentioned. Simply enquiring about your fine differential my friend! (Insert pipe smoking old man emoji here). Blush

Honestly, the amount of "BAD-PRESS" welded diff's have is down to d*ck heads doing shitty welds on them and the fact "my mate said it drove like shit" is simply not the case.

It's barely dangerous, even in a 280BHP 200SX it never skips out unintentionally.

Unless you've had one, you can't really say it's shit, dangerous, impractical, pointless etc.

Moving on, "I heard XUD's blow rod's if you change the turbo". Rolleyes
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Just out of interest, can you even get the back end out on this with the baby engine? 110bhp & weighs what 1.4t?
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 09:54 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 09:27 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 09:12 AM)silverzx Wrote: Exactly, don't fancy having a dick about? Big Grin

Easy tiger, no drift culture has been mentioned. Simply enquiring about your fine differential my friend! (Insert pipe smoking old man emoji here). Blush

Honestly, the amount of "BAD-PRESS" welded diff's have is down to d*ck heads doing shitty welds on them and the fact "my mate said it drove like shit" is simply not the case.

It's barely dangerous, even in a 280BHP 200SX it never skips out unintentionally.

Unless you've had one, you can't really say it's shit, dangerous, impractical, pointless etc.

Moving on, "I heard XUD's blow rod's if you change the turbo". Rolleyes

Oh yeah, that's just my opinion on welded diffs and drift culture. You asked if I'd welded it, I'm explaining why I haven't. If you're a fan, fair enough, but in my opinion it's f*cking stupid. I mean you say it's "barely dangerous", if it's dangerous at all you shouldn't be driving it on the road.

They are dangerous though, and having driven several cars (Silvia, 360 and a Eunos) with welded diffs, they do drive badly, every single one I've driven. Why not just get an LSD? Ruining cars for the sake of showing off.

You're right about the XUD though. Just like how they look shit unless they're lowered 40mm on clones lol

World would be dull if we were all the same...
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 10:25 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just out of interest, can you even get the back end out on this with the baby engine? 110bhp & weighs what 1.4t?
It's doable, but it takes a massive effort in the dry. In the wet, on budgets, easily lol

Its actually only 1170kg, only 15kg more than a HDI, I was shocked at that.
Thanks given by:
I'd never have a welded for the road wouldn't even think about it

It's not as easy as just welding it up needs doing to a good standard thoroughly cleaned

My Beamer drifts well with open diff I'm welding it though as it's a pure drift slag and will never see the road again

I prefer drifting more fun and requires skill

Blasting down B roads bores me to death

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 10:43 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: I'd never have a welded for the road wouldn't even think about it

My Beamer drifts well with open diff I'm welding it though as it's a pure drift slag and will never see the road again

You see that's fine in my book, because it won't be on the road, it's not a danger to other road users. On a track its fine.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 10:41 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Oh yeah, that's just my opinion on welded diffs and drift culture. You asked if I'd welded it, I'm explaining why I haven't. If you're a fan, fair enough, but in my opinion it's f*cking stupid. I mean you say it's "barely dangerous", if it's dangerous at all you shouldn't be driving it on the road.

They are dangerous though, and having driven several cars (Silvia, 360 and a Eunos) with welded diffs, they do drive badly, every single one I've driven. Why not just get an LSD? Ruining cars for the sake of showing off.

You're right about the XUD though. Just like how they look shit unless they're lowered 40mm on clones lol

World would be dull if we were all the same...

I have an LSD and a welded. LSD doesn't seem to kick in until 30 MPH+ which can be an issue as sharp corners and slow speed is what "dicking about" is to me!

Fair enough though, as you say it's your car, your opinion. Cool ThumbsUp
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Drifting should only be done on private land

But same could be said about B road blasting

Time
And place for everything

Anyway back on topic I'll let you know when blasters done Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 11:05 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Drifting should only be done on private land

But same could be said about B road blasting

Time
And place for everything

Anyway back on topic I'll let you know when blasters done Smile

Thanks pal Smile
Thanks given by:
Few up to date photos after washing off the grime of 2 trips to Cornwall and 1 trip to London. Haven't really done anything with it, need to fit the tow bar (which cully kindly picked up and kept for me until I could nip in on my way to Cornwall, cheers for that and the cuppa mate) and refurb the new wheels...

[attachment=18997][attachment=18993][attachment=18994][attachment=18995][attachment=18996]
Thanks given by:
looking good mate Smile

wish i would have kept mine
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin THE_Liam's 406 HDI THE_Liam 105 30,137 10-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam